Post your lifts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find some 16x12's, and run these:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-59665/overview/

AND, I just saw they can be run on 10" wides. Much bigger selection to choose from, but I've always liked this classic look:

View attachment 195315

Great minds must think a like, I actually have a tab in my browser open to Mickey Thompson’s tire sizes and I have been eyeballing that 375/65. Thinking I might end up with that if I don’t find something else.

And yes I love the classic look as well, funny you’d post up MT’s old style classic lock wheel. I actually had a set of 16x10s on a dodge the year they came out, 2002 or 2003 can’t remember exactly. They looked great but a pain to clean. Those lock rings actually come off, and mad dirt and water gets trapped behind them and slings out when you drive, in the rain or after a wash. Loved the wheel, was tough and looked great but a big PITA to keep clean. You’d have to wash them, and either drive around the block twice to get the water out and wipe down again or take the rings off every wash.

16x12s would be perfect, I’ll have to find an old set of Welds for sale cause no one makes 16x12s for 6x5.5 lugs anymore. 16x10s wouldn’t be bad but I know I’d end up running 2” spacers to get them out as far as 12s. I don’t mind that but trying to avoid if possible.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16x12s would be perfect, I’ll have to find an old set of Welds for sale cause no one makes 16x12s for 6x5.5 lugs anymore. 16x10s wouldn’t be bad but I know I’d end up running 2” spacers to get them out as far as 12s. I don’t mind that but trying to avoid if possible.

BUT... you'd be an inch further out with 16x10's with 2" spacers than with the 16x12's...

I know you're saying "HUH?? That makes no sense! 10" + 2" = 12"!"

You have to factor in the centerline of the tire, assuming the backspacing is the same (NOT offset). Say you have both the 10" and 12" varieties, with .... ohhhhh.... let's say ZERO backspacing, on the same axle/hub assembly. The center of the tire on the 10" wheel is 5" from the hub, while the center of the tire on the 12" wheel is 6" from the hub. So, if you'd like the tire to stick out equally as far, you'd add a 1" spacer to the 10" wheel. Adding a 2" spacer puts the center of the 10" combo an inch FURTHER out.

I just saw show truck on YouTube, it had 26x16's on it, with 40's.... and 3" spacers on all four corners. Damn tires stuck out about 10" past the fenders!

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUT... you'd be an inch further out with 16x10's with 2" spacers than with the 16x12's...

I know you're saying "HUH?? That makes no sense! 10" + 2" = 12"!"

You have to factor in the centerline of the tire, assuming the backspacing is the same (NOT offset). Say you have both the 10" and 12" varieties, with .... ohhhhh.... let's say ZERO backspacing, on the same axle/hub assembly. The center of the tire on the 10" wheel is 5" from the hub, while the center of the tire on the 12" wheel is 6" from the hub. So, if you'd like the tire to stick out equally as far, you'd add a 1" spacer to the 10" wheel. Adding a 2" spacer puts the center of the 10" combo an inch FURTHER out.

I just saw show truck on YouTube, it had 26x16's on it, with 40's.... and 3" spacers on all four corners. Damn tires stuck out about 10" past the fenders!

That all makes senses, I was looking and with the most common offsets available compared to what I have 16x10s with 2” spacers will put the wheel out a 1/4” further than what I have now. My 20x12s are -44mm offset and the common 16x10s are -24mm + -51mm for the spacers it’s -75mm. -75mm on a 16x10 gives 8” of wheel from the hub face outward and -44 on 20x12s is 7.75” outward. The lip size then depends on spoke thickness and wheel design. Problem is my rear already needs spacers to be even with the front. I would need +3” spacer in the rear to match the front on 16x10s with 2” spacers up front. Sad part is I would actually like it wider then it is now. I’d love to run 14s. But 16x14s are rare....I’ve been looking for 5 months now trying to find my next setup and I’m burnt on what to do lol.

And I’ve probably seen whichever truck you’re talking about I follow all the big companies and SEMA guys on Instagram. The 24x16 up to the 28x16s are nuts and they are all running big spacers. I’m looking at 10” wheels they have 10”s of stance lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all makes senses, I was looking and with the most common offsets available compared to what I have 16x10s with 2” spacers will put the wheel out a 1/4” further than what I have now. My 20x12s are -44mm offset and the common 16x10s are -24mm + -51mm for the spacers it’s -75mm. -75mm on a 16x10 gives 8” of wheel from the hub face outward and -44 on 20x12s is 7.75” outward. The lip size then depends on spoke thickness and wheel design. Problem is my rear already needs spacers to be even with the front. I would need +3” spacer in the rear to match the front on 16x10s with 2” spacers up front. Sad part is I would actually like it wider then it is now. I’d love to run 14s. But 16x14s are rare....I’ve been looking for 5 months now trying to find my next setup and I’m burnt on what to do lol.

And I’ve probably seen whichever truck you’re talking about I follow all the big companies and SEMA guys on Instagram. The 24x16 up to the 28x16s are nuts and they are all running big spacers. I’m looking at 10” wheels they have 10”s of stance lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about getting some 2" wide 6x5.5 to 8x6.5 adapters, and running them on the 16x12's?
Looks like they are hard to come by in anything other than a 8 lug:
https://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/...iameter_PQ=16+Inches&Wheel+Width_PQ=12+Inches

Or, how about some custom Heavy Duty wheels? Any size, any width, any backspacing!
http://www.stocktonwheel.com/heavy_duty.html

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about getting some 2" wide 6x5.5 to 8x6.5 adapters, and running them on the 16x12's?
Looks like they are hard to come by in anything other than a 8 lug:
https://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/...iameter_PQ=16+Inches&Wheel+Width_PQ=12+Inches

Or, how about some custom Heavy Duty wheels? Any size, any width, any backspacing!
http://www.stocktonwheel.com/heavy_duty.html

I have tossed the idea of 8 lugs with adapters around, but I don’t know. I have a brand new set of 2” spacers from BORA. I’d have to sell those and take the loss and then get the 2” BORA 6x5.5 to 8x6.5 adapters which are $600 a set. It’s an option but probably my last resort.

I’ve looked at Stockton and would love to get a set of custom wheels, but not from them. Just look up their name and boycott. You will see a decent amount of people posting about horrible customer service and awful experiences. So if there is any other companies who offer custom wheels like this let me know. I wish Weld XT was putting out custom 16s. I’d love a custom set of smooth lip 16x14 Konflicts brushed and clear coated.

To be honest, I spent some time looking @M1Gunner setup this morning and really like the way it sits. The tire has that buldged look I am going for and they seem to stick out plenty far with the 2“ spacers. I think he has 18x10s with 37x13.50s from what I can gather via his post, chime in if you read this Gunner. And now I’m just wondering if I can get that same kind of bulge in the tire sidewall with a 35x14.50 or 36x15 on a 16. I would think it’s possible since the proportion is the same.....

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tossed the idea of 8 lugs with adapters around, but I don’t know. I have a brand new set of 2” spacers from BORA. I’d have to sell those and take the loss and then get the 2” BORA 6x5.5 to 8x6.5 adapters which are $600 a set. It’s an option but probably my last resort.

I’ve looked at Stockton and would love to get a set of custom wheels, but not from them. Just look up their name and boycott. You will see a decent amount of people posting about horrible customer service and awful experiences. So if there is any other companies who offer custom wheels like this let me know. I wish Weld XT was putting out custom 16s. I’d love a custom set of smooth lip 16x14 Konflicts brushed and clear coated.

To be honest, I spent some time looking @M1Gunner setup this morning and really like the way it sits. The tire has that buldged look I am going for and they seem to stick out plenty far with the 2“ spacers. I think he has 18x10s with 37x13.50s from what I can gather via his post, chime in if you read this Gunner. And now I’m just wondering if I can get that same kind of bulge in the tire sidewall with a 35x14.50 or 36x15 on a 16. I would think it’s possible since the proportion is the same.....

First of all I appreciate the interest bubba! The rims are actually 20x9’s I’m more into the bulge of the tire than the big lip on the rim myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645