Post your lifts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all I appreciate the interest bubba! The rims are actually 20x9’s I’m more into the bulge of the tire than the big lip on the rim myself.

Thanks for the reply, makes me feel a lot better about running 10” wide or even 9” wide with 2” spacers, with the added bugle of the tire they stick out plenty far and it looks great. I think I first saw that kind of bulge on a dually and have always liked it. Seems like it’s ideal for the tire to be +4” wider than the rim to get that look.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, makes me feel a lot better about running 10” wide or even 9” wide with 2” spacers, with the added bugle of the tire they stick out plenty far and it looks great. I think I first saw that kind of bulge on a dually and have always liked it. Seems like it’s ideal for the tire to be +4” wider than the rim to get that look.

I'm not into the stretched look either. I'd never run a 35x12.5 on a 12" or wider wheel, 10" is about the max I'd go. Am currently running 275/65's on my 20x8.5 Denali wheels with 1 1/2" spacers on the front and 2 1/2" spacers on the rear. May run 35x12.5's on them when these Falken Wildpeak's wear out., but I know they would rub, as they would be about 1 1/2" wider. Guess I'd just have to put the 3" body lift on when that time comes.

Oh yeah, I need to get a good pic of the XL in it's current state. My profile pic is from last summer, with 285/75/16's on 16x8's.

memphizhoe

Reaction score
Maybe y’all can help me. I have the factory 18s with a 265/65/18AT right now . My truck is stock except I crank the torsion bars to level the front with back. What size tire should I run on these stock 18s ? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not into the stretched look either. I'd never run a 35x12.5 on a 12" or wider wheel, 10" is about the max I'd go. Am currently running 275/65's on my 20x8.5 Denali wheels with 1 1/2" spacers on the front and 2 1/2" spacers on the rear. May run 35x12.5's on them when these Falken Wildpeak's wear out., but I know they would rub, as they would be about 1 1/2" wider. Guess I'd just have to put the 3" body lift on when that time comes.

Oh yeah, I need to get a good pic of the XL in it's current state. My profile pic is from last summer, with 285/75/16's on 16x8's.

I’m running 33x12.50s on 20x12s and have been for the past 3 years and the lip of the wheel sticks out past the tire. I have been very diligent about never hitting curbs and what not, the lips on the rims are still perfect. But I am over that look and tired of stressing about curb rash. I want big bubble tires and small rims like I had back in the day and I could just smash into everything haha.

I’d definitely like to see some photos of your XL on 285s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking my Dub 24s on 35s would look sweet
What's the width on those DUB's? 35x12.5x24's do look sweet, but I wouldn't do less than a 10" wide wheel. To have that bulge, you need a little more sidewall. Your sidewall would be like running a 31x10'5 on a 20" wheel.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't care about sidewall bulge, they are 24x10, seen a few on IG and I like the look

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Questions:
1. What is the advantage of getting the Z71 springs and 1-1/2" or 2" rear spacer over just using the 3" rear spacer with the old springs?
2. Why would you use a passenger side torsion bar on the drivers side? I am assuming that you would have 2 passenger torsion bars, one on each side when doing that?

Thanks

Last edited: