Post before and after pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please someone put shiny wheels on the gray Tahoes or Escalades. Those dark wheels just don't cut it for me.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://video.oreillyauto.com/v/1304652722/mgp-caliper-cover-heat-field-test-brake-disc-covers/

Lol! What a crock of shit. He measures the aluminum thin caliper cover on one side and the cast iron caliper on the other.
So my big worry is that caliper cover is trapping heat in your caliper like Tin foil around a potato. Plus they block airflow passing through the caliper from the rotor.
Lots of money and research in maximizing that flow...

I would say that if you tow anything of drive down grades or spirited with some hp, stay far away from these.

They may look cool but anything that will
Promote cooking your caliper/pad/fluid...no thanks.

Like you guys said, to each their own, but when your discussing a piece of equipment that will endanger your life, someone has to speak up. Paint them and save your pennies and benjamins for some big ass real ones.

Doesn't Baer or sbbc offer a bolt on large caliper utilizing the stock rotor?

OP
OP
Carpenter2361

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those calipers look nice but I don't see where there would be much air flow for cooling? I also watched that video and that is a crock of shit of course the aluminum isn't going to retain heat like the cast iron. That guys an idiot. The covers I purchased are a different design they actual don't cover the top side of the caliper where the heat would flow threw. But that guys field testing was just down right stupid.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's basically a larger version of the stock caliper, and instead of being a 2 piston sliding caliper, it's a 3 piston design. I don't know if they are staggered pistons to offer better pad seating or not.
But it will offer the same airflow characteristics as a stock caliper. Not the worst not the best.
But it's a cheap way to get a better caliper and a better pad for a decent price. (Oh and a larger caliper for the bling people are looking for)

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Esquis... check the ride Cindy Crawford is driving all black out baby. And she sure ain't got no Red shoes...

20161225_201529_001.jpg

20161225_202307_001.jpg

20161225_202201_001.jpg

20161225_202137.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts