planning on getting tune soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have an 01 Tahoe z71 with 138xxx miles. As far as I know the only mods are a k&n air filter in the stock box and a super 10 muffler. I know that mods are supposed to be done before a tune, so I was just wondering of anything fairly cheap I could do before getting a tune from yall. I read the thread on the air intake tests yall did and was curious if the airaid Jr would be worth $140 or not. I know usually there isn't that much to be done without spending loads on motor work and superchargers and all that, just really wanting to have a more enjoyable dd with a little more pep.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Best thing you can do is make sure that your vehicle is mechanically sound (ie. clean MAF, throttle body, top end etc). An intake is not a bad item, however, I wouldn't go spending a ton of money on one, the restriction is in the tube. The Airaid has the best bang for the buck in our tests.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot jenna! Probably get that tube and get a tune soon. Which one do you recommend?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ boom. I have this well worth the couple dollars.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap jdpber, you're from clemson? I stay in Gaffney. Only person I've seen on here close besides a Charlotte dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman