Pioneer Bypass for DVD viewing....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Usually pioneers are picky about the time frame that they see ground. It can't see ground immediately after powering up. There has to be some sort of delay before the parking brake wire sees ground. I've tried the relay trick before on a friends truck and I was unsuccessful. I ended up using a PAC tr-7 to bypass his. The tr-7 comes programmed to do the alpine bypass sequence which is a 12v signal and a double pulse ground signal. I wired up just the ground signal and when it does it's double pulse signal they are slow and far enough apart that the pioneer misses the first signal but the second signal works. Hope this helps

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case anyone looks at this thread with the same issue and is looking for a solution after much testing and verifying that all connections looked good and much troubleshooting I did away with the relay and went to a switch set up instead. So instead of the relay doing the work for me I have a switch that I flip when the family wants to watch movies. :hands:

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y can't u just ground that wire with a switch and you'll be good??

Sent from jumanji!!

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y can't u just ground that wire with a switch and you'll be good??

Sent from jumanji!!

I did....hence my last post :hands:

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the bypass with my pioneer and it works but not the way i wanted it to. if i turn on the truck and put on the dvd it wont work i have to put it on disc shut off the radio then turn it back on for it to work. i can switch to ipod, radio then back to disc and it'll work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r

Latest posts