Pilot's '02 4x4 Tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had a chance this weekend to install my DDM tuning HID headlights. Installing them was as easy as everyone says it is. Just plug them in and stash the balllasts. I also did the 4-hi mod which causes the low beams to always stay on when you turn on the high beams. I can't speak for other model years but for my '02, this was also super easy. Following this tutorial, I just used a t-tap connector to clamp on to the yellow wire on the driver's side low beam and attach the other end to ground. Simple as that.

I'm super happy with the HIDs, but I'm not really thrilled with the beam pattern. The pattern on the passenger's side is excellent, though the pattern on the driver's side is not nearly as crisp or cleanly cut off. I assume that is caused by the housing on that side (as opposed to the bulb). I didn't have a lot of time to mess with that this weekend but hopefully soon. Also didn't get any pics of the beam pattern. But I did snap this pic of the lights when I was done.

It's hard to take decent pics of headlight output with an iPhone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_3336.JPG

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's been a month and a half and we're still waiting for the rear bumper from Hammerhead.. :mad: Iron Cross front bumper arrived a while ago so we're going to install that as well as the replacement seat covers this Monday. We're also going to install a Viper alarm with tilt and glass break sensors and a SmartStart module.

Meanwhile, I ordered some gear for the inside:
  • Kenwood DNX994s 2-din nav head unit
  • Metra DP-3002B Dash Kit
  • Rockford Fosgate R600X5 amplifier
  • Rockford Fosgate T1650-S component speakers for the front doors
  • Rockford Fosgate T1650 coaxial speakers for the rear doors
  • Rockford Fosgate P3SD48 shallow mount subwoofer to replace the stock sub
  • Kenwood DRV-N520 dash cam
  • Kenwood CMOS-320 rear cam
I've received all of it but haven't had time to install. Hopefully I'll get started this weekend, though it's supposed to rain all weekend. :(

Also, after reading this thread by @Blackie, I ordered a push button ignition switch from eBay. It looks well made and it was less than $20 shipped! Will install that next week when we install the alarm.

IMG_3371.JPG
IMG_3372.JPG
IMG_3373.JPG
Mouse included for scale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71