Pilot's '02 4x4 Tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 more boroughs and we have a party....lol

Shit, i have all those seat covers in my basement. I was gonna replace my cloth with leather in my ‘01 when i had it and never did. Shale/tan color. Front and rear seats.

And im right up the deegan from you guys...

Last edited:

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By Cross County
Nice...my grandparents lived right accross from there at Kimball ave! I was down on Palmer road in Bronxville! So awesome to talk with someone close by

But on a more serious note....good job OP on the repairs. I am sub'd! I also have a love hate relationship with weathertechs. There was a discussion here awhile back about alternatives. I will find it and post here for you.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice...my grandparents lived right accross from there at Kimball ave! I was down on Palmer road in Bronxville! So awesome to talk with someone close by

But on a more serious note....good job OP on the repairs. I am sub'd! I also have a love hate relationship with weathertechs. There was a discussion here awhile back about alternatives. I will find it and post here for you.
Lol, my wife grew up off kimball and my cousin lived off palmer.....lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought an '02 5.3 LT 4x4 Tahoe about a week ago for $2,900. Here's my intro thread with pics of the truck as I bought it.

Spent over two hours today with Brett at The Custom Shop in Queens. We ordered:
I was looking at a couple of different companies for the seat covers. After watching this comparison video I pulled the trigger with The Seat Shop pretty quickly.

The seat covers and bumpers are made to order so the lead time is 2-3 weeks on those. I'm hoping everything else will be delivered toward the end of next week (1/12/2018) so we can get this build started!

Meanwhile, here's a cheesy video of my Tahoe in the snow in Brooklyn.
I didn't watch the 30 minute video by the Seat Shop that the purpose of is to convince someone to buy their product, but I will tell you from my experience that those guys actually buy alot of their product from China. Richmond has informed me that the Seat Shop also buys from them, and that they're mostly a front for product made elsewhere. They used to make most of their stuff but not anymore. They make videos and lie about their stuff being made in-house. And now I see they're actually trying to hurt Richmond, who actually make ALL of their products in their own factory. Richmond sent me a replacement over a year after it was out of warranty, along with material and instructions to repair my foam where it was broken down. Good company. I find the Seat Shop to be dishonest people myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the 30 minute video by the Seat Shop that the purpose of is to convince someone to buy their product, but I will tell you from my experience that those guys actually buy alot of their product from China. Richmond has informed me that the Seat Shop also buys from them, and that they're mostly a front for product made elsewhere. They used to make most of their stuff but not anymore. They make videos and lie about their stuff being made in-house. And now I see they're actually trying to hurt Richmond, who actually make ALL of their products in their own factory. Richmond sent me a replacement over a year after it was out of warranty, along with material and instructions to repair my foam where it was broken down. Good company. I find the Seat Shop to be dishonest people myself.

Fair enough. My wife is from Asia—I wouldn’t really care if they were made in China, as long as the quality meets my standard.

If they’re being dishonest though, that does bother me. I’ll keep your recommendation for Richmond in mind in the future. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Shit, i have all those seat covers in my basement. I was gonna replace my cloth with leather in my ‘01 when i had it and never did. Shale/tan color. Front and rear seats.

Damn! That’s exactly what I ordered (for the front row anyway).

Thanks! Yeah, if you happen to find that thread I’d love to see it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. My wife is from Asia—I wouldn’t really care if they were made in China, as long as the quality meets my standard.

If they’re being dishonest though, that does bother me. I’ll keep your recommendation for Richmond in mind in the future. Thanks for the info.
I watched him putting down Richmond's covers and at least in my experience, they mounted and fit perfect. Color match was spot on. I personally can't stand the Seat Shop. They sure put alot of money into videos and marketing. I guess they must feel threatened by Richmond. I'll bet there's differences on some of their covers too that aren't the same as factory but they aren't going to show that are they? Anyway enough about that!

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey Pete, would you be interested in parting with any of that stuff you have for an '01 Tahoe? I'm interested in the retractable cargo cover and the seat covers for the 2nd row seats (assuming it's the bench style and not captain's chairs).

Let me know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts