Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
i saw Red in some other thread mention using "Scrubbing Bubbles" on the interior, so i got some, and tried it out. Which, my leather actually wasnt even dirty but i cleaned it anyways. But then i tried it on the carpet, and before you know it i was scrubbing all my Nike's. haha, stuff works great on almost anything. But i did notice my leather looked kinda dry the next day. So i rubbed it all down with some Leather Conditioning Cream

d432.jpg

i have had this stuff since i died my seats in my Sierra.
Which brought back some memories.

If anyone is wondering if you can dye your leather seats. You sure can. I did it on my OBS and they turned out great. I got rid of the ugly fabric bench seat and got some grey leather seats out of a Honda Odyssey and dyed them all black. Made some brackets and mounted them in the truck. They were confortable as hell and had fold down armrests on both sides. I know this has nothing to do with my Denali, in case someone was wondering if you can dye your leather seats with good results. I had that truck for about 4 years and the leather never faded one bit.

Here's the kit i got from LeatherWorld.com
d433.jpg

Grey Leather (before)
d434.jpg

Black Leather (3 applications) After
d435.jpg

Ugly bench seat interior
Before
d440.jpg

After
d441.jpg
Interior came out great. How'd you apply the dye? I use a gravity fed mini paint gun. I use liquid dye.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you recall, my compressor had a leak in the pressure switch unit. Luckily it was still under warranty. So i finally took mine back (exchange) and got a brand new one at no charge. Thanks Harbor Freight!

d436.jpg
You're lucky they exchanged it for you. Same part went bad in my Craftsman compressor, and it was a b*tch to replace.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interior came out great. How'd you apply the dye? I use a gravity fed mini paint gun. I use liquid dye.

ahh nice. yeah mine was liquid dye as well. i used foam brushes

2_DSC2722.jpg

You're lucky they exchanged it for you. Same part went bad in my Craftsman compressor, and it was a b*tch to replace.

Harbor Freight is great. There's some higher end tools and stuff i buy at Home Depot and other places, but HF has some great values and they wheeled out a brand new one to my truck before i could evenm explain the issue i had with it. i was kinda blown away. And yeah, the place it was leaking was no easy task inside that pressure switch box. Almost ANYwhere else i woulda just rethreaded or got a new fitting. It leaked the whole time i painted and still kept up without a problem. Had a 90-day warranty, so hopefully my new one is worry-free

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
ahh nice. yeah mine was liquid dye as well. i used foam brushes

2_DSC2722.jpg

Harbor Freight is great. There's some higher end tools and stuff i buy at Home Depot and other places, but HF has some great values and they wheeled out a brand new one to my truck before i could evenm explain the issue i had with it. i was kinda blown away. And yeah, the place it was leaking was no easy task inside that pressure switch box. Almost ANYwhere else i woulda just rethreaded or got a new fitting. It leaked the whole time i painted and still kept up without a problem. Had a 90-day warranty, so hopefully my new one is worry-free
What kind of dye did you use ? And where can it be found ?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
unfortunately buying a Welder does not include the years of skills it takes to be a good welder though. One day i would like to get a nice one and start refining my lines. Maybe on the next project

No better spot to start than something that's "tucked under there enough that nobody will know".... Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts