Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how you never notice things until you have it. Then it seems it's more popular then you thought! Good price on the clips. Where' you find them? Ebay?

ha, tell me about it! Do you know how many things i did to this Denali that i woulda never even seen or minded until this evil Forum showed me the difference.

Here's a link to the clips. They showed up at my door within 48hrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Fender...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha, tell me about it! Do you know how many things i did to this Denali that i woulda never even seen or minded until this evil Forum showed me the difference.

Here's a link to the clips. They showed up at my door within 48hrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Fender-Liner-Clips-Flares-Retainer-Push-Type-Fastener-For-GMC-GM-11589292/253054793952?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Thanks for the link in those clips. I’m missing a few here and there so I ordered some. I’m missing a couple on my front bumper cover. So when they get here, I’m gonna spray paint them to match and then stick them I ! That way when the new cover gets back from the paint, it’ll be super clean and snug with all matching clips! Lol

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link in those clips. I’m missing a few here and there so I ordered some. I’m missing a couple on my front bumper cover. So when they get here, I’m gonna spray paint them to match and then stick them I ! That way when the new cover gets back from the paint, it’ll be super clean and snug with all matching clips! Lol

the ones from your bumper cover are kinda different. But these will still work for it to keep it snug. Trust me i just put a few on mine. My bumper cover was swangin in the wind :) These are the two piece clips mainly found under your hood

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ones from your bumper cover are kinda different. But these will still work for it to keep it snug. Trust me i just put a few on mine. My bumper cover was swangin in the wind :) These are the two piece clips mainly found under your hood
Oh ok. I will try them and see how they work out. Interestingly mine isn’t moving at all despite missing a few clips. But I’m **** and want those clips in there haha.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember that it was 2 wires that are reversed, but I'm not sure at all. Here's my question... I've seen them marked specifically for a 6 speed... Does it matter? Obviously we know guys that have them on a 4l60...what's the difference, if any? @Galante got me on this "use the +/- button for my TC switch" kick, and now here I am, thinking it through.... Dammit.
You’re welcome;)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Oh ok. I will try them and see how they work out. Interestingly mine isn’t moving at all despite missing a few clips. But I’m **** and want those clips in there haha.
They'll work just fine. These are the clips that hold in that long black plastic Underhood panel. Goes from the radiator support to the radiator.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Good score on those clips

I used the end from a nbs donor shifter and another end from the nnbs donor truck to make a small harness so it just clips in. Later I can remove it and put in my old one without hassling with wires because there is zero room behind the column. I didn't hook up the +/- shift button.MBkqoJ86-729979928.jpg tXm0MTQ6-730020457.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good score on those clips

I used the end from a nbs donor shifter and another end from the nnbs donor truck to make a small harness so it just clips in. Later I can remove it and put in my old one without hassling with wires because there is zero room behind the column. I didn't hook up the +/- shift button.View attachment 186149 View attachment 186150
You can still do it nate....get that +/- going in that traction control, i have faith in you @HiHoeSilver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON