Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I live in a frozen hell with the worst and longest winters. And i never use my wiper. Once it builds up I'll wash it when I gas up. Then it still stays clean for weeks. It's fine cause you only need to use a wiper maaaaybe once a week.
It's all on the user tho. Either way I don't think the wiper looks horrible, I just like a smooth rear end personally.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
did some testing and found the culprit to my brake lights and cruise control.
it was the brake light switch.

replacement part at local auto parts store was only $20.
total swap took me about 30 minutes once i figured how it finagled itself in there with the metal clip.

old one

d211.jpg

new one. part#SL2141

d212.jpg

installed

d213.jpg

sure nice to have cruise control again and not to mention not worrying about a cop having a reason to pull me over with no brake lights. cheap/easy fix. i'm learning my way around this beast :)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Glad you got it back in order for a cheap price and such a simple fix. Always a win win :chewie:

So I know you have ideas rolling in your head but there's always the tails that I have that look great and just take the oem halogens bulbs. Simple and still classy :D20171010_155551.jpg

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it back in order for a cheap price and such a simple fix. Always a win win :chewie:

So I know you have ideas rolling in your head but there's always the tails that I have that look great and just take the oem halogens bulbs. Simple and still classy :DView attachment 185241

yeah, i'll probably just get some cheap halogen style ones for now. not sure which ones. simple and red or maybe a little dark. nothing too fancy.
either that or save up and get one of these new "neon tube" style lights i have seen. not quite sure. i know those OEM rears are killin me though haha

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
yeah, i'll probably just get some cheap halogen style ones for now. not sure which ones. simple and red or maybe a little dark. nothing too fancy.
either that or save up and get one of these new "neon tube" style lights i have seen. not quite sure. i know those OEM rears are killin me though haha
The new c-bar style lights, I was looking at those same ones. My cousin has the same style on his Silverado and they look amazing. And they would match your u-bar headlights nicely.
For now you can candy the amber on your stocks. Looks 100x better.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new c-bar style lights, I was looking at those same ones. My cousin has the same style on his Silverado and they look amazing. And they would match your u-bar headlights nicely.
For now you can candy the amber on your stocks. Looks 100x better.

yup. those are the ones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879