Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Sevenevez beautiful job. Any output shots of th headlights. I'm super interested in them are they still 9005 like stock?

thanks, David. i have no idea what my headlights are. just aftermarket HID's as far as i can see that were on it when i got it and my fogs are Blue/Gold Ion from Eurolamps

d179.jpg

d169.jpg

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, David. i have no idea what my headlights are. just aftermarket HID's as far as i can see that were on it when i got it and my fogs are Blue/Gold Ion from Eurolamps

d179.jpg

d169.jpg

Cool thanks Pete. Do you do a lot of night driving? I need good headlights. I'm a police officer that works midnights and I'm always driving to work in the dark. I love the way those lights look. The cut off looks pretty good. I have a set of depots on my tahoe and there's 2 significant hot spots. It drives me crazy. Right now I just have some 5000k HIDs in my stock denali headlights

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks Pete. Do you do a lot of night driving? I need good headlights. I'm a police officer that works midnights and I'm always driving to work in the dark. I love the way those lights look. The cut off looks pretty good. I have a set of depots on my tahoe and there's 2 significant hot spots. It drives me crazy. Right now I just have some 5000k HIDs in my stock denali headlights

i dont really do much night driving. and my eyes arer terrible. i wish i had more output. when i turn my factory brights on i feel like Jesus has lit up the road for me :)
i mean, the HID's and all that have a cool hue / color to them. But i dont feel like i have enough output. I almost feel like an OEM ugly halogen would be brighter. But maybe i just need to get glasses

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont really do much night driving. and my eyes arer terrible. i wish i had more output. when i turn my factory brights on i feel like Jesus has lit up the road for me :)
i mean, the HID's and all that have a cool hue / color to them. But i dont feel like i have enough output. I almost feel like an OEM ugly halogen would be brighter. But maybe i just need to get glasses

Try a different bulb color. 4300k or 5000k. I always stick to these 2. About 10 years ago I went with a 6000k and 8000k for the blue look and couldn't see shit haha

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try a different bulb color. 4300k or 5000k. I always stick to these 2. About 10 years ago I went with a 6000k and 8000k for the blue look and couldn't see shit haha

hmm. doesnt the higher number constitue brightness? i need to take a look at mine closely and see if its printed on them

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh interesting. learned somethin new today. so if i got a bulb that was .001k it would be about as bright as the sun? :)

Perhaps :lol:

Btw do you have a list of supplies you used for paint? I need to paint my roof, hood, bumpers and hatch and I'm thinking of tackling it myself possibly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rideredin602