Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moarlow... makes getting to the roof easier.

And I like numero 1. Simple design is simple.

Makes me want to remove the roof rack again.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moarlow... makes getting to the roof easier.

And I like numero 1. Simple design is simple.

Makes me want to remove the roof rack again.

haha, maaaan you aint lyin.. i wish i was about 6 inches lower to spray the roof! thanks, i like 1 too

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
twas another long day/night. i ended up drinkin a bunch of beer so i must've accomplished something.

let's see here..

removed the front lip

d304.jpg

time for body filler/bondo!

as you can see all this acne on the paint on both sides of the front bumper cover.

d305.jpg

and this pretty nasty scratch/groove on the right rear

d306.jpg

quick skim coat of body filler (actually i think i did 2 coats on the front)

d307.jpg

d308.jpg

after about an hour and a half of sanding with various different grits. primed

d309.jpg

waited about an hour and then sanded all the primer until it felt seamless and smooth as new. hard to tell by looking, but it came out great.

d310.jpg

went over the whole body again looking for any gloss with a 3M pad and scuffing one more time.

so what do i left to do? actually, the pain in the as$ stuff is pretty much complete. I need to install this dessicant filter somehow to my compressor so i am spraying clean air

d311.jpg

few other items and small things but i am almost ready to spray. unfortunately its coldest time of the year, but during the day it is still hot enough to spray and flash the paint. i just need to keep an eye on the weather and pick a 3-4 day block of good weather and DO IT.
nice knowing the bodywork is pretty much complete though. end of boring post. cheers

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep circling back to this one. Something about the thin line paralleling the hood/fender line and coming right out of the headlight and rolling along with the sexy NBS curved lines to almost/at the top of the tail light if we are talking balance.

Any of them will pop, but this one keeps grabbing my eye. That dark color will sizzle the AZ summers. Man that is going to be one sweet looking ride rolling down the desert roads. Whoa!! I am looking forward to seeing this paint job. And nice work on the shifter.

d302.jpg

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep circling back to this one. Something about the thin line paralleling the hood/fender line and coming right out of the headlight and rolling along with the sexy NBS curved lines to almost/at the top of the tail light if we are talking balance.

Any of them will pop, but this one keeps grabbing my eye. That dark color will sizzle the AZ summers. Man that is going to be one sweet looking ride rolling down the desert roads. Whoa!! I am looking forward to seeing this paint job. And nice work on the shifter.

View attachment 187153

thanks, Foss. I like all 4 of them in different ways. i like this one too, mainly because its darker and a little more subtle. Wanna come over and help me? haha, i have beer

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, Foss. I like all 4 of them in different ways. i like this one too, mainly because its darker and a little more subtle. Wanna come over and help me? haha, i have beer

I'd come to AZ anytime and bring beer just to keep the fridge full, even though I haven't really had any beers lately. See Fitness Thread. Love AZ this time of year and my parents were hoping we could make it this year, however, the in laws are arriving from Australia for the next 2 months, so that trip is out for the moment. lol The kids are all jacked up though.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I forgot all about this thread until today. I read pages 30-100 today. I must be bookmarked 10 different things for future reference on my Denali. I have to ask, are you still pretty happy with your drop kit?

I saw your foose wheels and did a search on craigslist. Looky what I found:
https://nashville.craigslist.org/wto/d/foose-22s-gm-6-lug/6391248817.html

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha, cool man. i got a bunch of Aussie friends. Great people. Melbourne.Sydney, Brisbane etc.. i see them like once a year if im lucky

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I forgot all about this thread until today. I read pages 30-100 today. I must be bookmarked 10 different things for future reference on my Denali. I have to ask, are you still pretty happy with your drop kit?

I saw your foose wheels and did a search on craigslist. Looky what I found:
https://nashville.craigslist.org/wto/d/foose-22s-gm-6-lug/6391248817.html

ha, awesome man. keep bookmarking! i learn a lot from this forum. all forums. i try to always give back in any way i can.

also... Holy Sh*t. Those are the same as my wheels. You don't see them very often at all. i have really only seen one wheel on ebay forever and its the a black replacement.

thanks for checkin the thread, Will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz