Paint chips/cracks, any tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint chips/cracks, prevent it from getting worse?

i was looking at my truck today while taking a smoke break at work. there's a few scratches on my truck that were there when i got it. i'm sure i could get those out with some good wax and/or polish and patience. i did however notice that theres a small paint chip right above the grille in the center. there's also some paint damage on the body in the space between the rear bumper and the actual body on the right hand side towards the edge, beneath the tailgate. it almost looks as if someone hit my bumper and the bumper had been compressed inward and contacted the body. i don't know if that's new or if its always been that way and i just never noticed (but i tend to notice things since i look at my truck all the time, haha) if that's new and someone hit my truck i'll be a little pissed off. you wouldn't noticed either of the aforementioned flaws unless you looked for them, but still.

anyways, i'm inexperienced in the ways of auto body paint. does anyone have any tips to touch up and/or prevent those areas from cracking more and prevent the bare metal from rusting?

EDIT:

my apologies, i noticed there is another thread similar to this one. i missed it as i was scanning through the pages. but yeah... you can ignore the touch up part as i am still curious if there's some way i can simply prevent either previously mentioned paint issue from getting worse

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700