Any tips on bug and road tar/gunk remover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15burban

Reaction score
Clay bar is what I've found works the best for getting road gunk and bugs off, especially the little yellow "rust" spots that are common on white vehicles, but you'll need some type of running water which depending on the temps where you're at might not be possible even with this heat wave here in WI. Then I'd wax it afterwards since the clay bar will also remove the previous wax if there was any previously on it.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
During that dreaded bug season..... 3M makes a plastic scrub block specifically for bugs on paint.
Will not damage the paint, works like a charm !!

Attachments

• 20240203_084207.jpg
    20240203_084207.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During that dreaded bug season..... 3M makes a plastic scrub block specifically for bugs on paint.
Will not damage the paint, works like a charm !!

what is this called? if someone were to try to find one for sale

KSweet

Reaction score
I'll be the odd one out because I just don't have goo gone at home, but I put some of this in my foam cannon with my regular car wash soap and I find it just helps make you use less effort to get all those black specks. I do have ceramic coating on my pretty Snow White already though so that also helps.

Chemical guys bug and tar soap -- https://a.co/d/dByMLHE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts