OnStar Space?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever do anything with their OnStar space to the right of the HVAC controls? I have an aftermarket radio in the truck now, so the OnStar doesn't work anymore anyway. I was wondering if anyone's made something of that space, and if so, lets see some pictures!

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s always the cheap and easy cubby option. My onstar buttons are on my mirror so that space is just another cubby for me

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at that backup camera makes me think you could probably install a GPS in that spot as well...

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is that? Backup camera screen?
Yes....there is a guy that sells the complete kit for like a million dollars or you can make your own kit for probably less than $50

I do have to point out though that if you got a nice new DDIN HU .....the resolution would be 10x's better on that screen. The only reason I want to do it is because it is low key and I am trying to retain the factory cd player. Only audio upgrade I plan on will be a 10" sub and small amp.

Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Yes....there is a guy that sells the complete kit for like a million dollars or you can make your own kit for probably less than $50

I do have to point out though that if you got a nice new DDIN HU .....the resolution would be 10x's better on that screen. The only reason I want to do it is because it is low key and I am trying to retain the factory cd player. Only audio upgrade I plan on will be a 10" sub and small amp.
Yep over 600 hundred for a 3 inch rear cam with bad resolution is not what i wanted.I got one for 250 bucks,with a 7 inch monitor with a built in hard drive.Going to install a cam on front license also and it will recoded like a dash cam kinda cool. http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_3_5_10 I always wanted to put a trans temp guage their,and bought their pod just havent done it yet.

trans temp.jpg

Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
This is what i got and its pretty clear.Customer service is outstanding.I might mount it into the center area one day-and make it look factory.If you can read your boat numbers from you drivers seat its great resolution.It flips up out of the way and un clips and gone in 15 seconds.

Geneva may 7th 2017 water temp 48 042.JPG weathertech 011.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907