2022 Tahoe - CarPlay and Parking Sensor Annoyance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that when CarPlay is connected in my 2022 Tahoe and I receive a phone call, if I move the call to my iPhone rather than talk through the vehicle, the radio will continue playing at that point. The problem is that the volume knob does nothing but turn phone audio up and down (which does nothing since I’m talking through my iPhone and not the vehicle) and doesn’t affect the radio volume which leads to me having to just press the power and turn it off.

The second weird thing I’ve seen is parking sensors beeping when they shouldn’t. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve got my Tahoe in reverse only to have to parking alarm going off like someone is behind me only to look up at the screen and be no one there. Then I look at the dash to see what sensor is causing the alert and it’s the front. Usually a result of me being in a parking space at target or something and having a vehicle parked in the space in front of me. Cmon… if I have it in reverse, I don’t need to be alerted that someone is in FRONT of me!

Anyone else seen this? Feels like some of the electronic programming was developed by people who have no clue what they’re doing.

trckrhntr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use Android Auto, and have not set a call back to my phone, so no input on that issue.

I do get the alerts for parking sensors on the front when backing up. I've often wondered if it was the side sensors, specifically, as it tends to happen in angled parking more than head-on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667