OK What's the fix for the hard steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1998 Tahoe Just got it. Had a whine at 1500 and a leak at the pressure switch in back of pump. Through a reman pump and new seals in Switch (had some power steering above idle), no leak same whine. I knew this would be a waste of time but I know these boxes have problems. Put a box in, now I have a whine and zero power steering. I did do the bleed procedure several times. Heard the steering sensor could cause this but not feeling it. Pressure switches rarely go bad, What's up????

OP
OP
F

fishz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Others here are replacing the EVO/steering wheel angle sensor a lot.

Yea this is what I heard but just would make sense to be a pressure issue. I guess this is next before I replace what i've already replaced!

OP
OP
F

fishz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea this is what I heard but just would make sense to be a pressure issue. I guess this is next before I replace what i've already replaced!

Well here it is, put the steering sensor in knew that was a waste of time. So decide not to replace the pump again but, went to the local salvage yard down the street and grabbed a used pump assy. (Included bracket and pressure switch). Basically solved problem. Still have that slight hard spot to one side, once you get past it, (Usually on right turns) It's not to bad, but no more whine and at least I can drive it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6