Oil Additives - Remove Sludge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a quart of Kreen from Kano Labs. Followed recommendations- 8oz in the oil. It says to run for a 1,000 miles and drain. I'll plan to run it for 500-750 and then drain and replace. I'll update there after.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to follow up on this. I added 8 oz of Kreen to my 07 @ 226,256 miles(owned for 190,000 of the 226,000). I have used Valvoline ML 5w30 for the last 80,000 miles and Puralator 1 filters. The oil change intervals are 3,500-4,000 and I do it myself. Oil is normally dark when drained, driving is mix of highway and town.

The oil was black when drained. It seems to have eliminated any lifter ping at start up. It also seems to be running better but that could be my imagination??

All in all, it seemed to have done some good. We'll see what the color of the oil is at the next change.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. You gonna run 8 oz. of Kreen in this oil for 500-750 miles and change again or run it for the final 500-750 miles of a normal oil change interval?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I use some Kano products in my shop. They have some great formulas. I plan to run some Kreen through mine at the end of this interval.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to run another 8oz in it at 750 prior to changing out what I put in yesterday. Drain and see what it looks like. The oil change after this one - not add any Kreen and see what that change looks like.

Over on Bob's The Oil Guy site there are folks who swear by products produced by Kano Labs.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I was going to run another 8oz in it at 750 prior to changing out what I put in yesterday. Drain and see what it looks like. The oil change after this one - not add any Kreen and see what that change looks like.

Over on Bob's The Oil Guy site there are folks who swear by products produced by Kano Labs.

If you haven't ever tried the aero kroil, buy a can just to have. If makes wd40 or 3 in 1 look like a joke.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I will definitely get some Kroil. I am going to have to get another quart of Kreen to try on the kids vehicles, I'll pick one up then.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cool. Keep us updated. I did a little reading on this stuff and am tempted to run a cycle. I don't believe my motor is sludged up at all but I figure once cycle of Kreen to ensure there's at least no varnish anywhere would be good preventative maintenance. I'll treat the oil and fuel system.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Cool. Keep us updated. I did a little reading on this stuff and am tempted to run a cycle. I don't believe my motor is sludged up at all but I figure once cycle of Kreen to ensure there's at least no varnish anywhere would be good preventative maintenance. I'll treat the oil and fuel system.

This is pretty much my train of thought, too.