Oil Additives - Remove Sludge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in this. I've gotten good results from seafoam but I don't feel like something I can get in any parts store will be as good as something that's only available certain places (and banned in California).

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in this. I've gotten good results from seafoam but I don't feel like something I can get in any parts store will be as good as something that's only available certain places (and banned in California).

Banned in California? That's not saying much about a place that bans common sense.

In my (limited) research recently, I read where a guy had no sludge, but could see some varnish buildup inside his valve cover. He said he could literally watch the varnish dissolve and wash away as he poured the Kreen through the oil fill hole. I don't think Seafoam is that effective. I feel confident that the Kreen would clean SOMETHING if ran in the oil and fuel system.

P.S. My California comment was meant as a lighthearted joke and not as a personal offense to the sensitive Left Wing extremists of the forum. I'm sure California is a great place to visit.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get you guy's input on what is the most effective additive to remove oil sludge.

I know there is the Seafoam process. I have also heard that the BG EPR additive is effective as well.

Any others you all have good experiences with?

Thanks for the feedback.

I have used the BG additives in my Tahoe. They seemed to work pretty well. I ordered a 3 pack off of Amazon for like $50. It included the stuff you add in prior to an oil change (EPR). Add it then run it for like 20 miles and change oil while engine is still hot. Also included the MOA, which you add after the oil change. This stuff, probably in combination with the EPR, eliminated my early morning valve tapping. And finally the 44k. A fuel additive. Not really sure if it did much or not. Maybe a 1 mpg gain?

I have never used the Kreen before, but I have used the Kroil. It will practically break loose a welded bold.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running kreen now. I'll update my results

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the Kreen treatment on my 07, I am at 1400 miles after oil change and the oil still looks very clean. The 1400 is about 60% in-town and rest highway. Lifters seem quieter as well.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of these products? Are they sold in auto parts stores? I'd like to pick some up.

EDIT: I found this one pic online.
images.jpg
Couldn't find a pic of the kreen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr