o2 sensors?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tossing random parts at a issue is never the answer. scan for the codes. go from there.

autozone will scan the codes for free for you.

JollyRoger01

Christ Reigns
Reaction score
If compression is low, pull the exhaust rocker arm off of #8 so the spring will close the valve. Then connect shop air and listen for leaking air. If it did touch the valve you'll be able to hear it at the tailpipe.

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
Yes, I was a able to replace the downstream myself last night but couldn't get the center off. It is going to the dealership tomorrow. Thanks for the advice I 100% agree with you.

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
Compression shows normal on that cylinder from what they said. Just was a slight misfire, I watched it jump just barely from 0-4 on the scanner. I'll post the issue once I hear back from dealership. Thanks for the replies!!!

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
SO Great news, my engine isn't shit! JollyRoger01 had me REAL nervous about that valve but my engine is real quiet. I got that last plug changed out last night, forgot we had not gotten to it cuz we dropped one (cyl 1) that brought the idle down. Right away at the dealership misfires did not read, great!!! They wanted to use their 02 sensors, even though I had one on and mine are AC DELCO too and was told on the phone it was fine, I agreed & they said it was running well, 670$ later. Got another call and they happened to "find" a leak in the intake gasket, said it looked aftermarket and not the right fit, fuel was burning lean at 30% but when they'd spray cleaner (I think) it brought it to 0%. No one since I've owned it has touched that. Anyways another 470 and at least I will have a "warranty". I wish I would a kept my 03 Tahoe Z71, I don't care about the 6.2 anymore!! Newer is not better, Thanks again!! Hope ya'll are warmer than I am here!!!

Intake manifold leak?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You are smart!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what my wife said. Some of that is too far for me to reach too, bought one of them steps that goes on the wheel. But instead of me standing on it, I have my kids do it, for now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879