o2 sensors?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO Great news, my engine isn't shit! JollyRoger01 had me REAL nervous about that valve but my engine is real quiet. I got that last plug changed out last night, forgot we had not gotten to it cuz we dropped one (cyl 1) that brought the idle down. Right away at the dealership misfires did not read, great!!! They wanted to use their 02 sensors, even though I had one on and mine are AC DELCO too and was told on the phone it was fine, I agreed & they said it was running well, 670$ later. Got another call and they happened to "find" a leak in the intake gasket, said it looked aftermarket and not the right fit, fuel was burning lean at 30% but when they'd spray cleaner (I think) it brought it to 0%. No one since I've owned it has touched that. Anyways another 470 and at least I will have a "warranty". I wish I would a kept my 03 Tahoe Z71, I don't care about the 6.2 anymore!! Newer is not better, Thanks again!! Hope ya'll are warmer than I am here!!!

You are smart!!!
Got your back. Glad I could help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could send an oil sample to one of the oil-testing labs. The labs will send a container and mailer to you and will email a report with both contamination levels and comments about the oil. This will give you info about possible deliberate contamination or oil out of their old oil tank.

If one or more spark plugs was not functioning properly, it is possible that unburned fuel collected in your oil over time.

One advantage of the newer engines are the "dry" intake manifolds, with no engine coolant circulating through the plastic intake manifold. Unfortunately GM is not the only car maker that uses poor quality intake manifold gaskets, despite the availability of better ones with metal reinforcement. The constant exposure to vacuum and heat and fuel causes the cheap gaskets to get sucked partially into the intake air stream, allowing unfiltered air with dust and grit to go through the engine, making it run lean and slowly damaging the engine.

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
You could send an oil sample to one of the oil-testing labs. The labs will send a container and mailer to you and will email a report with both contamination levels and comments about the oil. This will give you info about possible deliberate contamination or oil out of their old oil tank.

If one or more spark plugs was not functioning properly, it is possible that unburned fuel collected in your oil over time.

One advantage of the newer engines are the "dry" intake manifolds, with no engine coolant circulating through the plastic intake manifold. Unfortunately GM is not the only car maker that uses poor quality intake manifold gaskets, despite the availability of better ones with metal reinforcement. The constant exposure to vacuum and heat and fuel causes the cheap gaskets to get sucked partially into the intake air stream, allowing unfiltered air with dust and grit to go through the engine, making it run lean and slowly damaging the engine.
I sure hope that isn't the case. I would literally be up a creek with no paddle!! I really wish I would a kept the Hoe :(

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
I used to always run my other cars 1/2 quart low for better performance. They didn't have a windage tray like these LS and I keep it near max because of the AFM system. As I get more familiar I'll probably drop it some. This motor is no oil burner.

Why do people stink? It's called depravity, we're all born with it because of man's sin against God in the garden of Eden. Some hate it though when they do wrong, others revel in creating strife.
Everyone is separated right now. That manager "Mike was such a weirdo" did I mention he charged my card twice so I HAD to go back in for a credit. I will change it myself if I have to. Did that 02 sensor w no issue!! Well one, that other was NOT BUDGING!

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score

Where can I find the info on where to send it. When I asked my friends hubby he said CAT but they just check for random dust...

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
Anyone need a step pad? Ordered if for my Tahoe not realizing I needed grey, its black. Never even opened the box, still sitting on the shelf in my garage. U pay the shipping and it's your's FREE!! I had an 03 I'll upload a pic of my for sale pic from a year ago, I have paypal if that works for payment for the shipping from Omaha, Ne

Screenshot_2018-01-18-22-30-50.png

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
I sure hope that isn't the case. I would literally be up a creek with no paddle!! I really wish I would a kept the Hoe :(
I actually made them give me the parts they're still in the back wrapped in bags, crap, probably why my leather doesn't smell like leather. Ugh. Dangit!!! Gonna take them out now!!! Need anything I can because I am NOT a paranoid person but my Deni ran so great, we were just at the cheifs vs raiders game!!! No issues than all of a sudden, bammmm. TUFFY and that corporate douche, don't even get me started. Funny how small claims here is the EXACT total of what I'm out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission