o2 sensors?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
One more thing. Wasn't gonna bring this up BUT fiance was outta town working....needed a oil change so just took it in to the local Tuffy. The manager said it took 7 quarts but they only charge for 6 ( my truck holds 6) he honestly creeped me out, tt me about his fb he couldn't get deleted, his tours in Iraq, made some racial comments, me needing 2 new tires ( I have AWD so I'd need 4, duh) was cussing and bad mouthing another shop I'd used for sway bar links. Long story short, 2 weeks later is when I had all these issues. I am seriously not a paranoid person, but I think they did something. I ultimately drained that oil and it had 7.5 quarts and I had about 900 miles on it. I realize that isn't a HUGE amount over but the oil was dirty for being full synthetic he said I HAD to use. I can use a blend. Charged my card twice (69$) so I had to go back & kept saying he could be my new mechanic. Either I am paranoid or he did something!! Took them an hour for the oil change, was the only one there. From what I can find overfilling could cause that gasket to leak. It was also -15 that day. Am I just being paranoid?? Dealership called me and waiting on a part, when they got in there to do the gasket it actually melted a hole in the intake!! I have had NO ISSUES until I went there. So I just find it odd. =(

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
I agree, after this experience I trust no one. I tt someone at corporate at Tuffy he was a giant Douche. Not sure what I'm gonna do. I'm not happy!!!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's quite possible, overfilling an engine is worse then leaving it a little light too with regards to oil. I experienced a few such incidences as those as a teenager with a shiny new driver's license and soon found myself in Sears buying Craftsman tools and learning to work on cars myself with the help of some great mentors.

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
My dad always taught me overfilling is just as bad as under filling, I'd like to think it wasn't malicious and maybe a honest mistake. I worked hard to get this truck and to watch it running like it was seriously made me sick. Fouled out all my plugs, that last one I mentioned we pulled was still moist. I am gonna patiently wait for Huber to call me when it'd done. Gather all my info and line up my ducks, see what I can do. The oil I kept and it was bubbly, frothy and DARK. At this point I'm at 3100.00 for this 69.00 oil change where I has no issues before. I keep all my receipts. My honey wanted to go pay this "Mike" a visit, I really thought it was better if we stayed out of there!!! Creepy Mike has my address. Why do people suck?

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
I promise this, I have two friends that have hubbies that are GM certified mechanics (learned after it went to Huber) NO one will touch it a quick "oil change" it can wait. I was only 200 miles over :'(

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to always run my other cars 1/2 quart low for better performance. They didn't have a windage tray like these LS and I keep it near max because of the AFM system. As I get more familiar I'll probably drop it some. This motor is no oil burner.

Why do people stink? It's called depravity, we're all born with it because of man's sin against God in the garden of Eden. Some hate it though when they do wrong, others revel in creating strife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu