o2 sensors?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually made them give me the parts they're still in the back wrapped in bags, crap, probably why my leather doesn't smell like leather. Ugh. Dangit!!! Gonna take them out now!!! Need anything I can because I am NOT a paranoid person but my Deni ran so great, we were just at the cheifs vs raiders game!!! No issues than all of a sudden, bammmm. TUFFY and that corporate douche, don't even get me started. Funny how small claims here is the EXACT total of what I'm out!
Sorry for your troubles. I think we have all been there with incompetent shops. Even if the shop assumed the truck took 7.5qts how hard is it for them the check the dip stick? The frothy oil could be from the crank spinning while covered in oil. The windage tray has a purpose and over filling the oil drowns the crank in oil. Who knows how much damage was caused with that much oil in it. My 6.0 holds 6.5 qts...not sure what an extra qt would do.hate those quick lube places and hope they make it right.

The broken valvespring would make me question the lifters. The DOD on newer trucks seems to be crap or at least the lifters seem to be a problem. DOD delete and u no longer have to worry about those sketchy lifters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
I've decided to lick my wounds and get over it. Can't prove anything any you're right. It MOST likely was bad timing and a "freak" thing. HOWEVER the aftermarket Cat is still giving me issues. I am most likely gonna have to replace it. There is a Midas here locally owned by some guys that are trustworthy that have an aftermarket one they GUARANTEE will keep the engine light OFF. I appreciate all your help!!!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've decided to lick my wounds and get over it. Can't prove anything any you're right. It MOST likely was bad timing and a "freak" thing. HOWEVER the aftermarket Cat is still giving me issues. I am most likely gonna have to replace it. There is a Midas here locally owned by some guys that are trustworthy that have an aftermarket one they GUARANTEE will keep the engine light OFF. I appreciate all your help!!!
Hopefully if you have a problem with that, they'll stand behind their work. Those shops are independently owned and operated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's throwing a P0420? I've got a persistent P0430 for the right side cat. Turns out it too was replaced and is much smaller than the original. I've decided to replace the whole Y-pipe with a Magnaflow 51578 which will flow much better and make it easier to hollow the cats when they go bad someday. If you don't mind the additional noise, long tubes and a catless y-pipe is even less expensive but should be tuned afterwards.

OP
OP
DeniGirl

DeniGirl

Reaction score
Yes, the P0420 code. Most annoying I can't use the remote start!! Also on the right side. I will have to look into that!! I'm so tired of throwing money into this thing. I'll just turn up the music, I don't mind the noise, maybe I want to sound tough ha

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine throws the code every time I drive it and I reset the code with the Tech2 so I can use remote start each morning. Today however I got another surprise, a P0420 to match the p0430, yeah! My long term trims right now are -3%, no misfires.

Have to switch the motor back over to 93 octane from E85 to reset the fuel trims. The manual says the fuel must be less than 10% ethanol when resettting the trims. Going to put in fresh sensors too I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec