Not Happy With '17 Tahoe LT...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think GM engineers ever drive the vehicles they design. If they did, they wouldn't come out with shiny instrument panels that blind you with glare when it's sunny. They wouldn't come out with instrument lights that are blindingly bright on the instruments, yet so dim you can't read the radio controls.

And, nobody in their right mind would put controls down so low you have to take your eyes totally away from the road to adjust anything.

I HATE push button controls, but touch screens are even worse! With a knob, you car learn where it is and you can find it and adjust it without even looking.

Today's vehicles are NOT better than they used to be!

Sorry. You’re wrong.

Trust me. Everything is great.

(You’ll thank me later).

OP
OP
D

dmad1

Reaction score
Ford, indeed!
Our 2012 Focus is on its 4th tranny...so far all fixed for free, but still. And it's really a pain changing spark plugs on our 2008 F150 that break off inside the head! What were the head-design engineers thinking!
Or my 2003 Cobra that's prone to breaking half shafts. But all of these are less of a pain than my 2006 Z06 whose LS7 engine is notorious for sending broken valve stems thru the side of the block.

Seems like every make/model has its own flaws or weak links. We either live with them, or trade for something with different flaws. Gotta say tho that our 2016 Tahoe has been trouble free so far, after 38,000 miles.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The '12 Tahoe we traded in had over 100k and during the 6 yrs. we had it, it was only in the shop one time for a lift gate problem. Love to have it back. One of my sons had tranny problems with is '12 Ford Escape. My other son is not happy with his '13 Explorer. I have had two Duramaxs with only a couple of minor problems. My '13 Vette has also had nibie problems with the biggest being a left front wheel sensor and you have to replace the entire hub. It was out of warranty. And the popping top drives me batty. Another friend has a '02 Duramax and just turned 400k with 2 sets of injectors. another one has an '01 Ram 1500 gasser with 240k and he pull his race Porsche. So you are correct... just different problems.

PoPoPPV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had a vehicle that was 100% perfect or maintenance free. Our 2001 Yukon XL had 185K on it when I traded it and it was the closest as it was only in the shop once for the rear pinion seal leak. Otherwise it was oil and filters only.

Since 2012, every 12-14 months I get a new Ford F150 4X4 Crew. I trade out at 20-22K, all have been nice rides, none have been perfect. The 2015 and 2016 both had a dead brake pedal issue at 5500 miles (est), but the dealer always fixed the problem and when they found out I was LE, they usually expedite me.

Not sure what the future holds with the Z71, but I'm willing to give it a try. I really like it so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879