Not Happy With '17 Tahoe LT...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmad1

Reaction score
I would trade out '17 LT with 25k back for the '12 we traded in a second. I hate this car. It has buffeting on the driver side window at below 30 mph that drives me batty. It has a noise similar to a rough bearing under the dash/engine compartment that the dealer says they can't find/fix. The have replaced the heater motor with no luck. Then decided it was the A/C compressor and changed it with no luck. I found a TSB that they didn't know about requiring a part even with a picture of the fix. They ordered it and it would not fit. They told me they couldn't do any more until GM comes up with a fix. The fan will not turn down to a low speed. When you turn the dial all the way down, it still shows about an inch left on the sliding bar. Dealer says they are all like this and I just have to turn off the A/C so it won't blow.
The seats are another sore spot so to speak. The driver's seat will not tilt down in the front and has an upward tilt that sort of holds your legs up to high. Hard for this short fat boy to reach the floor comfortably. Dealer says they are all like this. Time for me to find another dealer. I also have a '13 Vette and have gotten the same run around on a couple of issues from them also. Either the dealer or GM doesn't seem to care.

To top it off, we were stopped at a red light and some guy plowed into us from the rear. He claimed we backed into him. I called the police and the guy that hit us took off before they got there. Two days later, someone opened their door and scraped the passenger door about 4 inches wide and 10 inches tall right in the middle of the door. Wife thinks this car is jinks. Beginning to think she is right. May be a Ford in our future...

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seat and fan is normal. Can’t really blame the dealer for those lol

What does buffeting on the driver’s side window mean?? When it’s down? That would be normal.

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your not happy and it has issues why not Lemon Law it. Many have done so including myself with an early build 2015.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would trade out '17 LT with 25k back for the '12 we traded in a second. I hate this car. It has buffeting on the driver side window at below 30 mph that drives me batty. It has a noise similar to a rough bearing under the dash/engine compartment that the dealer says they can't find/fix. The have replaced the heater motor with no luck. Then decided it was the A/C compressor and changed it with no luck. I found a TSB that they didn't know about requiring a part even with a picture of the fix. They ordered it and it would not fit. They told me they couldn't do any more until GM comes up with a fix. The fan will not turn down to a low speed. When you turn the dial all the way down, it still shows about an inch left on the sliding bar. Dealer says they are all like this and I just have to turn off the A/C so it won't blow.
The seats are another sore spot so to speak. The driver's seat will not tilt down in the front and has an upward tilt that sort of holds your legs up to high. Hard for this short fat boy to reach the floor comfortably. Dealer says they are all like this. Time for me to find another dealer. I also have a '13 Vette and have gotten the same run around on a couple of issues from them also. Either the dealer or GM doesn't seem to care.

To top it off, we were stopped at a red light and some guy plowed into us from the rear. He claimed we backed into him. I called the police and the guy that hit us took off before they got there. Two days later, someone opened their door and scraped the passenger door about 4 inches wide and 10 inches tall right in the middle of the door. Wife thinks this car is jinks. Beginning to think she is right. May be a Ford in our future...
Ford, indeed!
Our 2012 Focus is on its 4th tranny...so far all fixed for free, but still. And it's really a pain changing spark plugs on our 2008 F150 that break off inside the head! What were the head-design engineers thinking!
Or my 2003 Cobra that's prone to breaking half shafts. But all of these are less of a pain than my 2006 Z06 whose LS7 engine is notorious for sending broken valve stems thru the side of the block.

Seems like every make/model has its own flaws or weak links. We either live with them, or trade for something with different flaws. Gotta say tho that our 2016 Tahoe has been trouble free so far, after 38,000 miles.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell or trade it and move on.
I'd rather lose a few $$ getting out of it, if necessary, than endure all that BS by keeping and driving it every day.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This^^^x 100 every maker has their probs

Fully agree with this. I had a buddy who had nothing but problems with his BMW X5 whereas I never had many issues with the BMWs I've owned in the past. I then had a bunch of issues with a Merc C400 I owned and my one buddy has had no issues at all with the Mercs he's owned.

Every single automaker will churn out a lemon here and there whereas 100 other people will have bought that same model and have no issues. Purely just luck of the draw sometimes and you either deal with the issues, work with the dealership/manufacturer to get it all straightened out, or you cut your loses and trade it in for something else and hope the next one you get all goes well.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ooohhhh boy.

You’re in the wrong place lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts