17 Tahoe Front Suspension Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidkramer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently traded my 08 Tahoe for a 17 Tahoe and love it. Bought it from a Ford dealer and they did some work to it before selling it to me including replacing the rear shocks.
Didn't notice until now but when I go over bumps/dips, the front suspension has a horrible creak for the first 10-15min of driving. After driving for that long, it goes away. Front shocks look good, not leaking at all and passed the initial inspection of the dealership, so maybe they didn't hear it and I didn't hear it during test drive. Can anyone help pinpoint what this might be?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently traded my 08 Tahoe for a 17 Tahoe and love it. Bought it from a Ford dealer and they did some work to it before selling it to me including replacing the rear shocks.
Didn't notice until now but when I go over bumps/dips, the front suspension has a horrible creak for the first 10-15min of driving. After driving for that long, it goes away. Front shocks look good, not leaking at all and passed the initial inspection of the dealership, so maybe they didn't hear it and I didn't hear it during test drive. Can anyone help pinpoint what this might be?
sounds like the sway bar D dushings need to be lubed, may as well do both front & rear.
jack both front wheels off the ground for the front, leave wheels on ground for the rear.
should take 30 minutes diy, presuming there is no rust
might be control arms also those the best you could do is spray them with some lithium grease they are not serviceable like sway bars

OP
OP
D

davidkramer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just updating everyone: It was the front sway bar bushings. Mechanic replaced them with OEM and added DynaLube as well. I had him replace the rear ones too as he had the car up on the lift even though they were not making noise.
Thanks for the fix!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts