Not enough bass. Need advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever had those hcca's metered? I'm curious what kind of numbers they would put up. My old 2 15's on a single 2500 did a 148... So you should be a 150+ easy

no i haven't had them metered but they bang like crazy maybe i will one day

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

You'll be deaf in a few years. Enjoy your hearing while you can. I remember when I was a young care free buck like you ha ha.

come on you going on like an old fart....lol jk

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would sound good... I did 6 of them sealed at one point and it was one of my favorite setups. Super clean, deep and loud. If I was gonna do 4 then I would probably port it. I'm thinking I see 2 obsidian 18's in my near future. 12 cu. Ft. After displacement on 1500w. Can't wait! I think their 12's or 15's would be good option for you.

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
I bit the bullet on a pair of skar audio vvx 12's.
Gonna run them for a while then possibly add 2 more to the setup once I get my electrical where it needs to be to support 3k

Yukonboy2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Space is an issue in my truck..but I run 2 12" JL w3 series @2ohm on a Rockford prime 1200 watt amp doin bout 800 at 2ohm..bout 200w underpowered. Ported box tuned 34hz I believe. It shakes the truck..I feel it in my head and throat and often have to turn it down when I'm driving just because I can't see straight with it hittin. Now compared to the setups posted before me, makes mine look like toys in a sandbox. But for how clean and loud the two woofers can be, I am satisfied. Maybe three 12's in a ported box? Sundown or JL woofers. I like how clean the JL's sound on a good amp and a good head unit Putin 4v preouts to my amps. Just my .02

Edit..I'm late to the party, that's what I get for not reading the second page. Good luck with the setup!

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
Put these guys in the recommended box and all I can say is WOW. Built the box out of 3/4" cabinet grade birch. I think 4 of these will be waaaaaay too much. I'm only pushing 800rms to these 2 and they absolutely slam. They literally hit soo hard I cannot see straight driving with them turned all the way up.
e60d09ac78ba952e5e40228acee24967.jpg

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I have significant hearing loss from my teens. Had an Explorer with a single Soundstream SPL 170, powered by two A/D/S/ P2110.2 amps, 15 Farad cap, huge ported box, the whole nine. Metered 152, and now I am partially deaf in my right ear. Which sometimes works out great working in the shop because air hammers don't bother me anymore, but when someone is yelling for your help, it tends to not be so good. Like they said, enjoy it, but long term effects will definitely pay its toll.

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
Your hearing loss was caused by distortion and clipping. Had the sound been quality it would probably be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bone