No Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. I didn't even notice you were in WA.
Yup, just an hour north of you.
Haha! I let the suspense build all day lol. Well I pulled the HU and checked all the wires. Everything seemed good. I must have wiggled the right wire cause it works again. Im gonna leave it for now. If is starts up again I will have to start undoing my connections and then redoing them.

Hope it stays that way.

GeneralNoobzor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at your cup holders while in the driving seat. Put your hand on the right of the cup holder and pull towards the passenger door, while doing that, pull up. The cup holder will come off. The factory amp is located here. There will also be a blue plug that you have access to that connects the wires from the amp to the speakers. make sure it's nice and snug. If this isn't it take apart the back of the center console and the middle (4 screws for console lid, 4-6 screws underneath the mat inside, and 4 in the back. Oh and 6 on the top. ALL phillips. You will have access to the amp better. Make sure the plug is also in here. :)

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I thought it was good to go after wiggling some wires because it was working. Nope. Now its off and on, working more, but still going out. I re-did some of the connectors and fixed some stuff that the idiots who installed my security system did. Nothing! I thought for sure it would fix it.

GeneralNoobzor, my amp isnt under the cup holder. I will have to figure out how to get to the one behind the glove box. Anyone have advice for that part?

And I just went and looked at the amp behind the glove box. Everything looks fine. Didnt take it out, everything back there is too tight.

Last edited:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still have your original stock speakers, then the speakers are most likely to blame. I had the same problem with mine before I replaced them. What's happening is that the copper wires from the speaker terminals to the speaker cone have become broken and/or loose. When you hit a bump, the two wires touch each other. When they touch each other, the sound is cut off to all speakers because its shorted out. When you hit a bump again, the wires come loose and the found starts playing again. Next time it happens, slap each door near the speaker. When you hit the bad speaker, the sound will start playing again.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Scotty Boy! I did not realize that it would short all the speakers out. I know exactly which speaker it is too. passenger front has been going out for a while. Guess it finally did it. Well, might be time to buy those new speakers I wanted. Spending too much damn money lately! Maye I will jut replace the front for now and go from there.

Thanks again bud.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you at least unhook that pass side speaker until you get a new set, then the rest of the speakers should stop cutting out on you.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well SOB!!! I unhooked the speaker that I thought it was and it worked for a bit, now no more. WTF, I am pissed. About to rip everything out and start over.

Any way to narrow it down to a certain speaker? I really don't want to buy all new speakers right now. Ive dropped over $3k this year so far in vehicle and computer repairs.

I really think the guys that put my alarm in did something dumb. It has a lifetime install warranty but I don't know if I trust them to fix it. Headache!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there ant way you can call the people who installed your alarm and tell them you've been having a problem ever since they installed it?

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there ant way you can call the people who installed your alarm and tell them you've been having a problem ever since they installed it?

Yeah, but I would not trust them to touch my ride again. Might call and see if they would have tapped into some random wire or something and see if I can track down the bug.

I am going to try and unhook the driver door speaker and see if that is the right speaker tomorrow. It is the one that always opens and closes so it would make sense that it wiggled loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401