No Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started my truck up the other day and no sound. Hit a bump and then it was back. Now its gone again. Looks like I will be tracing some wires to find a loose wire maybe I should just replace the whole system!?!? lol

Edit:

So I thought it was good to go after wiggling some wires because it was working. Nope. Now its off and on, working more, but still going out. I re-did some of the connectors and fixed some stuff that the idiots who installed my security system did. Nothing! I thought for sure it would fix it.

And I just went and looked at the amp behind the glove box. Everything looks fine. Didnt take it out, everything back there is too tight.

Well SOB!!! I unhooked the speaker that I thought it was and it worked for a bit, now no more. WTF, I am pissed. About to rip everything out and start over.

Any way to narrow it down to a certain speaker?

I really think the guys that put my alarm in did something dumb. It has a lifetime install warranty but I don't know if I trust them to fix it. Headache!

Last edited:

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got the money I would say go for it

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock system? Start with the factory amp plugs. There's a plastic plug in and one going out of the amp.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock system? Start with the factory amp plugs. There's a plastic plug in and one going out of the amp.

Stock speaker set up. After market head unit and subs.

Now I gotta figure out how to get to the amp.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get no sound from anything, I'd start at the head unit.

This too ^ I didn't know you had aftermarket headunit. Check for a loose remote turn on wire (blue with white stripe) check the factory amp. If it's non bose its behind the glove box, just flip it down and you can see it.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this will be my project in a few hours. First thing I was gonna do was pull the HU. So I will check the blue wire, thanks!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin.gif

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha! I let the suspense build all day lol. Well I pulled the HU and checked all the wires. Everything seemed good. I must have wiggled the right wire cause it works again. Im gonna leave it for now. If is starts up again I will have to start undoing my connections and then redoing them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman