Shudder No More!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerrouss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
SHUDDER NO MORE!

Hello gang, I’ll be damn so this fall our 2016 Yukon Denali with the 6.2. The transmission had started to shudder & I thought it was the AFM, so I had the AFM cancelled just to find out that the shudder was worst and may needed a torque converter. So I went to the dealership and they said 90% of the time you only need a flush and it will be fine. But the dealership wanted $875. +tx & that didn’t include a filter. So I went to a highly reputable transmission shop called Mr Transmission & they charged $650. +tx and now our Denali is driving smooth like a Denali should.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn my dealership charges $450 plus tax to do the flush with the new Mobil-1 synthetic fluid. We are either too cheap or people are getting screwed if they have a shudder.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SHUDDER NO MORE!

Hello gang, I’ll be damn so this fall our 2016 Yukon Denali with the 6.2. The transmission had started to shudder & I thought it was the AFM, so I had the AFM cancelled just to find out that the shudder was worst and may needed a torque converter. So I went to the dealership and they said 90% of the time you only need a flush and it will be fine. But the dealership wanted $875. +tx & that didn’t include a filter. So I went to a highly reputable transmission shop called Mr Transmission & they charged $650. +tx and now our Denali is driving smooth like a Denali should.
I am curious sir, how many miles on your Denali and has the transmission ever been serviced before?

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP glad that worked out - the threat of a new TC is brutal. I've got about 140k on mine now, and it recently began shuddering. I went to the dealer for this one since there is a TSB for it, although initially they said it prob needs a new TC. I suggested we start with the 'cheap' thing first - apparently there are two types of fluid changes, according to the dealer service guy. One that changes approximately 8qt and one that changes all 12-16qts (my numbers are off I'm sure, but you get the idea). Just make sure you get the full change, or it defeats the purpose. It does cost more, but they can work with you on price. Also, it stopped the shuddering, knock on wood. I'm going to be even more on top of getting that done before interval dictates since the truck has a particular sensitivity to it.

Reaction score
I have the similar shuddering on my F150 and i was told i needed the torque converter as well. I think im gonna try out the flush first. Thanks for the idea

mrathell

Reaction score
I just had a remanufactured tranny and new torque converter installed last month to the tune of $3800. This price was with the billet style converter upgrade.

I had the shudder happening quite frequently but the transmission shifted perfectly.

But with 190k miles, I thought it was best to replace both.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a remanufactured tranny and new torque converter installed last month to the tune of $3800. This price was with the billet style converter upgrade.

I had the shudder happening quite frequently but the transmission shifted perfectly.

But with 190k miles, I thought it was best to replace both.
That's not a bad deal. You must be in the midwest

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SHUDDER NO MORE!

seems a bit steep, I presume that is the 8 speed, good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz