No Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alarm has NOTHING to do with the radio. If you try to say the alarm installers messed up your radio, you will be wasting your time and theirs.
I would start with the speakers. They are 11 years old and most likely rotted out. If you continue to have problems with the sound cutting out, then you may have a short in the actual speak wiring. The most common place would be where it runs thru the rubber boot in the drivers door jab to get to the door. Constant opening and closing of the door over the years can flex the wiring to the point that they can and do sometimes break. I had one of the wires for my power lock do that. It was an easy fix once I located where he problem was in the wire.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will also check the door jam(sp?) wiring too, thanks for the advice on that.

The only reason why I mention the alarm install is that they tapped into one of the wires, remote turn on maybe? Dont know why. I could have also followed the wire wrong too.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they have tapped into the remote wire for the radio? That makes no sense at all. I am an ex car alarm installer and I have never had to tie an alarm into any of the radio wiring. If for some strange reason they did in fact tie into the remote, check it. Should be a blue or a blue/white on your stereo. It needs to be connected to a pink wire in the factory harness to turn on the factory amp so the speakers will play.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud! When they installed it they said something about my stereo wiring being a mess. Took it out after and there were random splices like they tried to "fix" something. I dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n