Newbie looking at a 2018 Tahoe SSV 18k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a way in the DIC to read out engine hours. Have to search some to find it. I stumbled across it on my '19.

OP
OP
J

johnny1980

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gotcha. I would agree with you on comparable police vehicles. Being that you are in Canada, then something this low mileage and probably rust free is definitely a benefit.

If it's been on the lot for 140 days, I would assume you have some leverage on price. What are they asking currently?
They initialled listed $23500 in August then raised their price to $26000.

I'm looking to offer maybe $21000 or under and drive it until the wheel falls off.

The only thing is that I'm not in rush to buy the new car now. The used car wholesale price seems to dropping 1%+ WEEKLY.

I'm not sure if I should hold off until next year and get better deals.

Coveman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked at a number of fleet burbs, the rear seats were vinyl. You’d most likely have to remove the emergency lighting, many states even ban the a-pillar lights on personally owned vehicles.

These trucks may have engine hour counters (Can be reset) in the driver info center

Up armoring type mods may also result in a title brand, do you have a carfax report?

Wraps aren’t for everyone, just doing headlight and bumper wraps have proven challenging to me, I would look into what a pro would say.

Good luck finding your dream ride!

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you keep the interior mostly the way it is should be good to go. If you want to change the interior to look like a civilian one probably add a extra 2k. That safe if you have the code is worth 1,500 or more though. Def take the emergency lights out and sell them. SSV is 2wd right?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you keep the interior mostly the way it is should be good to go. If you want to change the interior to look like a civilian one probably add a extra 2k. That safe if you have the code is worth 1,500 or more though. Def take the emergency lights out and sell them. SSV is 2wd right?
SSV is 4wd.

jmasterchamp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would say to google the vin and see what the dealer paid. Most likely they bought it from an auction. And the auction made the vin public.

That mileage is low and nothing legit at 20k or less miles is going for less than 30k.

My SSV and PPV rears are terrible and will be replaced. There is so much power ran to the center console from all the lights, an amp would be an easy install. I’ve done it twice. A sub of any size sounds amazing in the Tahoe.

I personally avoid a wrap and would see what it looks like with that paint, tints, some labeling or however you custom it. But the color would look great with up fits and upgrades all black. I’ve seen 2019’s with 70k miles sell for 27k. So 20k miles on a 2018 for anything below 25 is a good deal.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts