15 SSV questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leecarter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I screwed up. I put 2 grand down towards a 15 SSV. Seemed easy enough, but I want aware of what it takes to restore issues.

1) rear door functionality. I'm reading that even after replacing the window switches... You have to have the BCM programmed... But my local dealer had no clue. Is there 3rd party people for this?? Then the door latches... What about those?? Are they just disconnected?

2) headlights. I have no auto lights out drl. I'm reading that's another BCM thing. But I have no high beams...wth?

3) Oil Pressure. My oil pressure hit at idle is 20 pounds. Down to 15 in gear at a red light. Runs about 40 once you give it gas. Or above 1000 rpm. Worries me tremendously.

4) the steering wheel has buttons on the back side, I assume for radio volume/tuning. Can you make them functional?

5) it say service perimeter system... But I don't see any perimeter sensors on the rear bumper. Carfax said it had a rear collision... I'm guessing the never replaced them?

I'm really thinking I bit of more than I can chew. Wondering if I should just return it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    455.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.png
    image.png
    416.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.png
    image.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 8

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

The items that you mentioned all appear to be fixable, and we are here to assist you. Tell us a bit about your wrenching skill level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019