New Purchase of 2013 - How do I turn off AFM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJR

MDJR

Reaction score
I thought about the cats also I'm just surprised that my 02 with 140k miles gets better mileage than our new one with street tires. I'm hoping someone put e85 in the tank before we bought it. Have to wait a couple weeks before she gets through a whole tank to refill

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a Tech2, then you can monitor such things as the alcohol content of the fuel, look for misfires, make sure the a/c is working right, etc. And of course, monitor those cats through the downstream o2 sensors.

OP
OP
MDJR

MDJR

Reaction score
I have a scanner that talks to my phone with an app, problem is I wouldn't know what the readings should be if good. I can try it though to see if all the o2 sensors are reading close to each other.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then you need to get with "SeriousCTBuyer on ebay and buy the manual for your truck and or join AllDataDIY. The scanners are good but cannot see and do all that the Tech2 can do. Mine has paid for itself several times over already. Just having it and seeing what it does allows me to help the fellas on here too and more and more are picking them up and contributing too.

OP
OP
MDJR

MDJR

Reaction score
Well then you need to get with "SeriousCTBuyer on ebay and buy the manual for your truck and or join AllDataDIY. The scanners are good but cannot see and do all that the Tech2 can do. Mine has paid for itself several times over already. Just having it and seeing what it does allows me to help the fellas on here too and more and more are picking them up and contributing too.
Do you have a link to the tech2 or can you suggest where to pick it up?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the link a forum member here just purchased from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162888203878?rmvSB=true

It's important to get the ones with the last revision PCMCIA card, the 33.004 as it is not cheap to update them. I like having the case, this one does not offer it last time I checked. This one is also located in the USA, purchased mine from China.

OP
OP
MDJR

MDJR

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the link a forum member here just purchased from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162888203878?rmvSB=true

It's important to get the ones with the last revision PCMCIA card, the 33.004 as it is not cheap to update them. I like having the case, this one does not offer it last time I checked. This one is also located in the USA, purchased mine from China.
Thanks

sfc_jones

Reaction score
I am going to throw my 2 cents in here as I have done the DOD delete and used Texas Speed for their parts. My motor had 237k miles on it when I did the delete. My mileage hasn't changed a bit. I don't have the vibration anymore either. I also was suffering from poor fuel mileage averaging 16-17 mpg on the highway. Changed the O2 sensors out and I am now hitting 20 mpg on the highway. My next step is to put long tube headers and either a whipple or procharger as my goal is 450 hp at the wheels. I know I will lose the higher MPG gains but this is going to be a play toy and not a daily driver. Eventually I will put in a LS3 motor in it and build the 4l80e tranny.

OP
OP
MDJR

MDJR

Reaction score
So did you have the AFM on up until 237k?

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get around 12-13mpg with 90% city driving, it's just the way it is. I picked up a Range AFM disabler from a member here who got a full tune for $60, I'd look for a used one, plug it in and call it a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia