New Member - Contemplating Grand Cherokee Hemi vs. Tahoe Signature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think it comes down to cargo needs and overall interior "roominess" you are looking for.
That, and how important it is to have a 3rd row available.

I had my heart set on a JGC High Altitude Edition. I figured my kids would end up going up the hill with their friends, in their friends' cars where they could all fit, and I want all of them in our car. So Tahoe.

It's great, though. Classically brawny, not very high-tech engine (which I think is good long-term), very improved interior. A few rattles.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I am finally ending a lease on my 2015 BMW 535 M Sport and am getting back into an SUV for towing and hauling. I have been driving BMW's for nearly 15 years now and have grown tired of them.

I have arrived at very solid deals on a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, V8 Hemi, Sterling Edition and a
2017 Tahoe, Signature Package.

I have had GC's in the past and they have always been very good vehicles--and getting better every generation.

However, I have also had my eye on Tahoes as well for their size and their commendable resale value as well as overall handiness.

I would appreciate hearing from folks who have driven both and perhaps had the same choice as I currently have.

Thank you in advance.

TG

Would you consider a Lexus GX460?
Classic, timeless Land Cruiser frame/design, detune v8 from LS460, and super solid compared to Domestic offerings. Your Best buy would be a couple years old low mileage one.
I have lots of friends with LX and GX and its on another level compared to my 15' Suburban.
Just a wild card

Last edited:

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m on a snowboarding trip right now. Mammoth lakes ski resort is about a 6 hour trek north of where I live. There’s 6 of us. And hands down there wasn’t enough room for all of us plus our stuff to fit in my aunts 14 GC overland summit. Lol. We could have packed all of us and our stuff into my Yukon XL Denali, and put skis and our boards up on my ski racks mounted on my cross rails, and been here very comfortably. But she thinks two mid size suvs are cheaper to full than my Denali xl. Hah..... dramatic much?! Lol
None of this makes sense. And I found it again, dramatic. Lol I mean you’re bragging about being able to fit 6 people now on a ski trip and obviously a GC can’t do that but you wouldn’t have been able to in a tahoe either with all that stuff. See my point?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of this makes sense. And I found it again, dramatic. Lol I mean you’re bragging about being able to fit 6 people now on a ski trip and obviously a GC can’t do that but you wouldn’t have been able to in a tahoe either with all that stuff. See my point?
Again, not bragging so back off a little. I was simply stating my experience with a Jeep Grand Cherokee that doesn’t line up with your comment above of your experience with loading up a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, not bragging so back off a little. I was simply stating my experience with a Jeep Grand Cherokee that doesn’t line up with your comment above of your experience with loading up a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Not much to back off of. I’m just stating that you don’t hurt for space as bad as some are implying here.
:happy160:

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Classic, timeless Land Cruiser frame/design, detune v8 from LS460, and super solid compared to Domestic offerings. Your Best buy would be a couple years old low mileage one.
I have lots of friends with LX and GX and its on another level compared to my 15' Suburban.
Just a wild card
The GX isn't exactly on the Land Cruiser platform though. It's the Prado, which is sometimes called the "Land Cruiser Prado" but is a different chassis entirely from the Land Cruisers we see around here. From what I can tell, it is a reliable product though, although the in-cabin tech is ancient at this point.

OP
OP
At Law

At Law

Reaction score
Just a wild card

I have tried to like Lexus over many years. There is just something about the brand that turns me off.

I know they are very reliable vehicles, however, their styling (especially most recently) has really taken a unique turn for the worse.

I used to really like the Toyota Landcruiser (again, prior to the latest body change). However, now Toyota has taken away any originality and sharp styling cues.

Thank you for the thought, though. I am likely in the minority by not being a fan of Lexus/Toyota.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried to like Lexus over many years. There is just something about the brand that turns me off.

I know they are very reliable vehicles, however, their styling (especially most recently) has really taken a unique turn for the worse.

I used to really like the Toyota Landcruiser (again, prior to the latest body change). However, now Toyota has taken away any originality and sharp styling cues.

Thank you for the thought, though. I am likely in the minority by not being a fan of Lexus/Toyota.
I like some of the older Toyota/Lexus designs as well. The older sequoia, tundra, land cruiser, and LXs were all among my favorites. I especially wanted a sequoia in 2003-2007 range in a limited package when I sold my previous Durango and was looking for something bigger. But unfortunately I couldn’t find a 4WD with a limited package. So that’s when I started looking for a GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts