New Build: 2001 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hgchevy100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm restoring/customizing my Tahoe and decided to join this forum and post updates on my build.

My older brother bought a new Colorado and gifted me his 2001 Tahoe LT. It originally came from New Hampshire, but there's very minimal rust.

I'm going to respray it black, lift it 3" on the front and 2" on the rear, add new lights all around, fix all of its dings and dents, add new wheels/tires, and give it a nice tune up.

I bought some used MKW 18x9 wheels which I'm powder coating black. I'm also thinking of either going with some AT 285/70/r18 or 305/65/r18 tires.

I'll post more pics with updates.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hgchevy100

Hgchevy100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered an intake from eBay and installed it. The Tahoe feels faster and the engine feels stronger now.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Hgchevy100

Hgchevy100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to replace the hood due to rust so I bought a replacement hood from a red 2001 Silverado.

image.jpeg

Theres rust on the right fender so I bought a replacement one off a Tahoe at a local junkyard.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hgchevy100

Hgchevy100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These are the wheels MKW M26 18x9
I'm going to powder coat them black.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Got a great base for a fun project there.

And the fact your brother gifted it to you...

I'd either try to hook my brother up with some **'s that I knew, or get his ass a lot of liquor!

3" in the front, 2" in the rear.... sounds like a tag team midget **** movie!!!

Or, as those of us on TYF say.... a nice start for lifting an OBS for putting 3's on!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
And the fact your brother gifted it to you...

I'd either try to hook my brother up with some **'s that I knew, or get his ass a lot of liquor!

3" in the front, 2" in the rear.... sounds like a tag team midget **** movie!!!

Or, as those of us on TYF say.... a nice start for lifting an OBS for putting 3's on!
:happy107::mf_pcwhack:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n