Need new Rear differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingJmart

Reaction score
Where can I get the best price on a new rear diff. Looking for just ring and pinion assembly. Trying to avoid replacing the entire back end

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Give us the RPO code on the glove box cover. Likely starts out with GT.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I hope you are not going to try and replace yourself with no training or experience. The reason I say this is that if you don't know the gear ratio on your own rig then you likely don't know how to replace the gears.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few RPO codes and what they mean. If one of these codes is listed, that's what you've got.

GU4 - 3.08
GU5 - 3.23
GU6 - 3.42
GT4 - 3.73
GT5 - 4.10

It's probably either the 3.08 or the 3.42 if you've got the 6 speed transmission.

OP
OP
KingJmart

KingJmart

Reaction score
Decided not to even mess with it myself and just going to sell the tahoe. Might have a guy coming to purchase this weekend. If not and I decided to do a full rear end over haul or just have the gears and what not replaced. What type of price am I looking at ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro