Need battery wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting set to add a 2nd isolated battery, and run the big 3 upgrade while I'm at it before installing a stereo system.

I want to replace the factory battery, changing the factory positive battery cables from top mount to front mount. The problem, is the 3 factory pos cables are fused at the terminal with a mega fuse. I dont have a fuseblock on the firewall like many of these trucks have, so I'm not sure how to do this. Any suggestions?

Here is the current setup
IMG_7986_zpstwdbtd2z.jpg

I want to hook up these cables to the front posts of this battery, leaving the top posts open for my upgrades.
IMG_7988_zpsx5s6u3f8.jpg

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just clip them and get a fuse holder. If you stop by a place that rebuilds alternators they should be able to sell you all the terminal ends and a nice fuse holder.

OP
OP
J

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, thats exactly what I ended up doing. It all went pretty smooth, It's a new to me rig and I was fully expecting a fuse block on the firewall and panicked when I saw it at the terminal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave