Need a new grill 1998 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrsavoie

Reaction score
Need a new grill 1998 Suburban

Gmc suburban gray - Yakaz Cars

This what our Suburban used to look like.

Does anybody have any recomendations for a decent looking replacement grill and spacer behind the bumper?

I would also be interested in some headlights.

Links would be appreciated also

JenneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a grill from my spare 99 GMC Yukon. Not sure what you're looking for as I don't see the pictures you are referring to in your post.

OP
OP
J

jrsavoie

Reaction score
A 99 Yukon grill should work. What color is it?

Or is it chrome?

Depending on where you are located shipping might be a problem. Unless youar between Illinois and Colorado.

I'll try attaching a picture of The Suburban again as well as a Land Rover look grill off EBay and many other sites.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-CHEVY-TR...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2564bb5a96
What do you think of that grill? Looks like it comes in many different color combos and hopefully decent headlights. Though I just installed new aftermarket headlights in the Burb.
I've been forewarned that I may not like them even as well as the OEM's

Attachments

• 98 Suburban.jpg
    98 Suburban.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 15

Monzter Mike

Reaction score
The Land Rover grille is ugly! I've seen a couple in person, I don't know how people put these on their truck & think they look good. I'd definitely stick with the 94 - 99 GMC grille, and not the full chrome one either. I don't really care much for the Chevy grille that's on my Tahoe, when my Chevy grille gets cracked or chrome starts coming off I'll be installing a 94 - 99 GMC grille with a billet grille. Right now I'm spending money on other stuff I don't really need. LOL

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 99 Yukon grill should work. What color is it?

Or is it chrome?

Depending on where you are located shipping might be a problem. Unless youar between Illinois and Colorado.

I'll try attaching a picture of The Suburban again as well as a Land Rover look grill off EBay and many other sites.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-CHEVY-TR...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2564bb5a96
What do you think of that grill? Looks like it comes in many different color combos and hopefully decent headlights. Though I just installed new aftermarket headlights in the Burb.
I've been forewarned that I may not like them even as well as the OEM's

If you want the factory look thats in your picture you can get everything you need from mrtailight.com. I swapped a work truck front end on a 95' GMC to the grill that you have a few years back and they had everything I needed. Just had to get a bodyshop to paint the grill surround. They used to sell on Ebay but I don't know if they do anymore. Either way you can order straight from their website.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yall no a junkyard is cheap and if u need conversion then cut the lights out of the donor truck and do the wiring. Pretty easy

Monzter Mike

Reaction score
Yall no a junkyard is cheap and if u need conversion then cut the lights out of the donor truck and do the wiring. Pretty easy

What??? Are you talking about? The dual headlights ran from 88-89, composites from 90-99, side markers went from 88-93 & changed in 94-99, but the parking lights ran from 88-99. I do belive the 88-89s had a spacer betwen the grille & parking lights to push them out some. If he was to pick up a 94-99 grille for his 98 Suburban all the lights would be the same, Chevy or GMC.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
well you can very easily wire it up with the donor trucks lights. some poeple on here have done the conversion and theres tutorials online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts