My New project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's this puppy coming along? Some pics would be cool if ya got them. I'm wanting to do something similar. I wanna get me another console and see if I can gut it to put a better inclosure and either a pair of eights or a good ten in it. My ride currently has the Bose system with the OEM sub in it, and while it's not bad for what it is I want something a little better....

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this project got put on hold. The wife has got me remodeling our guest bathroom, as well as about 10 other projects lol. So I am hoping to finish a couple of hers then get a few of mine done. Sad part is I have everything I need pretty much just have to get some time to get it done.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So.. Did you get those other projects done? ha ha..

Curious to see the end product

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha that's a negative. I got some of hers done but she keeps adding more lol. However im about sick and tired of my box in my cargo area so this one is fixing to jump back on track.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When your done w/ some of hers before she adds more, slide this project in there and see how that goes. Worth a shot. lol

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I have started, still have a long way to go. This is just the sub box portion. Still have to build the cup holder and the front cubby hole sections. Also decide if I want to add the top console section or not. Then wrap it all in vinyl.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 20140615_154137.jpg
    20140615_154137.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 93

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay maybe this makes sense to some people but it doesnt to me
why would you want a subwoofer in the center console right next to you
the same center console that collects all my change i put my drinks and lots of other stuff
so putting a vibrating subwoofer underneath just seems like a bad idea especially when there is copious amounts of room in the cargo area

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While there is a lot of room in the cargo area, Mine frequently gets loaded with stuff that takes up the whole area. It has been about a year and a half of having a box back there that I have to remove or reposition when I want to put large items back there. Honestly it just gets old. I tried 2 8's in the factory location and they didn't cut it for me.

I will say it is great to have the sub upfront. It is louder, sounds cleaner and is out of the way. As for the vibrations, it you build a subwoofer box properly those vibrations don't really transfer through the box. I set the cup holder in place and it doesnt move as much as the jump seat did.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see you moving along on this one.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I found a awesome local upholstery supply today, and picked up some vinyl and some SEM paint as well.

I will say this vinyl is a better match than I thought I would find.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

I am hoping to have time to wrap it this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700