My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, life sure gets in the way. You would think getting to my age (62) it would slow down. Not even close. Grandbabies keeping us busy and active, new puppy keeping us active, the family garage seems to always be filled and then I started a new job on Dec 8th. We had the entire family (14) over for the Thanksgiving Holiday including 2 additional dogs and two cats. The remodeled basement came in handy. All stayed for four days and four nights. It was awesome. My 2002 Tahoe is still running great and strong. Although my build took a back seat, I'm looking to hit it hard after the Christmas/New Year Holidays. Speaking of which - Hope all of you have a great Holiday and please take the time to enjoy the season with the love of your family and friends.
Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays brother.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what happened thst I missed you getting a new puppy but that’s awesome! I do see that post was on Sept 6 which is my birthday so I have that excuse. So glad you guys decided to get a puppy, I bet thats a happy house this Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family and that includes Molly and Toby of course. :p

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what happened thst I missed you getting a new puppy but that’s awesome! I do see that post was on Sept 6 which is my birthday so I have that excuse. So glad you guys decided to get a puppy, I bet thats a happy house this Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family and that includes Molly and Toby of course. :p
Thank you Mark. Easy to miss updates - we all are so busy. It was a happy house. Toby and Molly are both laid out flat in front of the fireplace. Merry Christmas to you and your furry friend.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, crazy how fast a year+ can go. About another month and I will be in a position to be able to order the heads I decided on for this now slightly over budget build. OK, maybe a bit more than "slightly". It's been a painful and crazy 7 months. Our new puppy is now 8 months old and get's fixed next Tuesday. He is such an awesome addition to our family. Our older dog Molly has put him in his place when required and is enjoying the companionship.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because I can:

MADE IN THE USA!!
CAST IN THE USA!!
MACHINED IN THE USA!!

• As-Cast 225cc Intake Runners With CNC Machined Chambers & Valve Guides For Unmatched Flow!
  • Small Bore Configurations for extra compression applications while keeping good piston to valve clearance
  • 62cc CNC Machined Chambers
  • 2.065" Hollow Stem Intake Valves / 1.600" Stainless Exhaust Valves
  • Utilizes Factory LS1 Rocker Arms
  • TSP .660 Dual Spring Kit w/ PAC Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers!
The all new PRC 225cc As-Cast cylinder heads are finally available for customers looking for the ultimate as-cast cathedral LS heads available. The new PRC as-cast intake port has been flow bench tested to flow over 320cfm & can support everything from smaller camshaft street engines all the way to all out race engines. This cylinder head is a combination of a max-effort, high-flowing port combined with a smaller chamber designed for max power in stock cube applications.

Flow Data (4.00" Flow Plate - No Exhaust Pipe):

LIFTINTAKE FLOW EXHAUST FLOW
.100" 68 CFM 56 CFM
.200" 145 CFM 113 CFM
.300" 210 CFM 164 CFM
.400" 257 CFM 200 CFM
.500" 300 CFM 214 CFM
.600" 318 CFM 229 CFM
.650" 321 CFM 230 CFM

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because I can:

MADE IN THE USA!!
CAST IN THE USA!!
MACHINED IN THE USA!!

• As-Cast 225cc Intake Runners With CNC Machined Chambers & Valve Guides For Unmatched Flow!
  • Small Bore Configurations for extra compression applications while keeping good piston to valve clearance
  • 62cc CNC Machined Chambers
  • 2.065" Hollow Stem Intake Valves / 1.600" Stainless Exhaust Valves
  • Utilizes Factory LS1 Rocker Arms
  • TSP .660 Dual Spring Kit w/ PAC Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers!
The all new PRC 225cc As-Cast cylinder heads are finally available for customers looking for the ultimate as-cast cathedral LS heads available. The new PRC as-cast intake port has been flow bench tested to flow over 320cfm & can support everything from smaller camshaft street engines all the way to all out race engines. This cylinder head is a combination of a max-effort, high-flowing port combined with a smaller chamber designed for max power in stock cube applications.

Flow Data (4.00" Flow Plate - No Exhaust Pipe):

LIFTINTAKE FLOWEXHAUST FLOW
.100" 68 CFM56 CFM
.200" 145 CFM113 CFM
.300" 210 CFM164 CFM
.400" 257 CFM200 CFM
.500" 300 CFM214 CFM
.600" 318 CFM229 CFM
.650" 321 CFM230 CFM
These are the same heads I got, although I believe I have the 220cc.. I’ll have to check. Absolutely love them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel