My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry. It’s like losing a child.
Thank you Mark. it's been a pretty tough couple of months. Down to one. Our Molly is 14 years old but still acts like a little puppy. My wife is so concerned we will lose her in the near future. Trying to convince her to live each day blessed that she is still with us and to cherish the time.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, last Tuesday I did this thing. I received word of a beagle mix puppy rescue available about 90 minutes away from us. He was rescued from negligent owners along with numerous other animals (including a horse). He is now incarcerated on drug related charges. He was handed over to a no-kill facility. He was missing hair, infested with fleas and of course worms. Very thin but apparently still playful and happy. After 6 weeks of care, he was ready for a furrever home. Enter my wife and I. Picked him up last Tuesday late afternoon. This little boy is very active, cuddly and so so so happy. Working on potty training right now - still a few accidents now and then but none in his kennel. We are on day 3 with no accidents in the house. He's learning to go to the patio door when he needs to do his business and the first place he heads to when we let him out of his kennel. He knows his name, comes when called (ok most of the time) and sits pretty on command. Currently, working on his nipping when he gets excited - boy very sharp baby teeth. Also working to get him used to his harness and leash - he's not happy with either. Just time and patience. Having a puppy in the house is like have a baby/toddler in the house. By the end of the day all four of us (this includes our dog Molly) are so very tired. Speaking of Molly, she is training our little beagle on how far he can push it with her - most of the time they play well together. Our beagle puppy follows Molly all over the house and yard. It's fun watching the dynamics of these two. But overall, I believe this was a good move for Molly - my wife sent me a picture of Molly napping right outside his kennel when our beagle was napping. So, meet our little beagle - Toby.
IMG_3288.jpgResized_20230902_194653.jpeg20230906_082716_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So, last Tuesday I did this thing. I received word of a beagle mix puppy rescue available about 90 minutes away from us. He was rescued from negligent owners along with numerous other animals (including a horse). He is now incarcerated on drug related charges. He was handed over to a no-kill facility. He was missing hair, infested with fleas and of course worms. Very thin but apparently still playful and happy. After 6 weeks of care, he was ready for a furrever home. Enter my wife and I. Picked him up last Tuesday late afternoon. This little boy is very active, cuddly and so so so happy. Working on potty training right now - still a few accidents now and then but none in his kennel. We are on day 3 with no accidents in the house. He's learning to go to the patio door when he needs to do his business and the first place he heads to when we let him out of his kennel. He knows his name, comes when called (ok most of the time) and sits pretty on command. Currently, working on his nipping when he gets excited - boy very sharp baby teeth. Also working to get him used to his harness and leash - he's not happy with either. Just time and patience. Having a puppy in the house is like have a baby/toddler in the house. By the end of the day all four of us (this includes our dog Molly) are so very tired. Speaking of Molly, she is training our little beagle on how far he can push it with her - most of the time they play well together. Our beagle puppy follows Molly all over the house and yard. It's fun watching the dynamics of these two. But overall, I believe this was a good move for Molly - my wife sent me a picture of Molly napping right outside his kennel when our beagle was napping. So, meet our little beagle - Toby.
View attachment 407924View attachment 407925View attachment 407926
Glad you found the little guy. You picked the perfect name too. He just looks like a Toby.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm tired. A new puppy is like have a little toddler in the house. But, we love him.

Three days ago, sitting in traffic on my way to work with the windows open I noticed a strange rattle/vibration that would show up when I started moving forward. It was driving me crazy. It would be more pronounced at certain RPMs. At first, I was thinking transmission. But, this transmission was built pretty strong. I ended up getting under it and found the driver's side heat shield around the catalytic converter was loose, the welds broke free. I spot welded the shield in several places and the rattle/vibration is gone.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wow, I'm tired. A new puppy is like have a little toddler in the house. But, we love him.

Three days ago, sitting in traffic on my way to work with the windows open I noticed a strange rattle/vibration that would show up when I started moving forward. It was driving me crazy. It would be more pronounced at certain RPMs. At first, I was thinking transmission. But, this transmission was built pretty strong. I ended up getting under it and found the driver's side heat shield around the catalytic converter was loose, the welds broke free. I spot welded the shield in several places and the rattle/vibration is gone.
I love simple fixes.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you own a 20+ year vehicle, you need to expect that you will at times need to address issues that randomly pop up. Several weeks ago after work I fired up my baby, put it in gear and started to drive off and after pulling out of my parking space after about 100 yards the ABS light came on. Pulled over, shut the car off, popped the hood just look at any wire bundles I could see. Nothing obvious. Got back in car, turned the key on and check my dash lights. All was normal. Started the car and the ABS light was out. Put it in gear, light stayed out. Started to drive off and the light came on again. Brakes appear to work fine even through hard braking. Assume antilock brakes would not. Did not brake hard enough to check that out. Got home, hooked up my scan tool and received the following error codes: C0265 - EBCM Motor Relay Circuit and C0268 - Pump Motor Circuit Shorted. The next day, the parking brake light also came on. Pulled the 60 amp Abs fuse until I could fully troubleshoot, although I was pretty sure I knew the issue.

So I finally found the time to fix this issue. Again, what a pain in the ass getting this control module out of my Tahoe. When I did this over ten years ago, I had to take the whole thing out including the pump. When I put it back together I replaced the torque bolts with stainless steels bolts and this time i was able to remove just the module, still a pain in the ass. After removing the module, i used a box cutter and screw driver to take the cove off the module and re-soldered the six circled connections on the module. I guess the first time I did this I wasn't as thorough or precise as i should have been. I might have posted my first fix, can't remember, but I used the following videos:

Curious though, my cover did not have the six securing bolts detailed in the videos. No bolts at all nor the connections to have these bolts. Used ATV sealant to secure the cover. Let it dry. and reinstalled the module. Started my baby and no lights. Another success story.

20231026_113412_resized-3-jpg.jpg

20231026_113406_resized-jpg.jpg

circuit-board-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, life sure gets in the way. You would think getting to my age (62) it would slow down. Not even close. Grandbabies keeping us busy and active, new puppy keeping us active, the family garage seems to always be filled and then I started a new job on Dec 8th. We had the entire family (14) over for the Thanksgiving Holiday including 2 additional dogs and two cats. The remodeled basement came in handy. All stayed for four days and four nights. It was awesome. My 2002 Tahoe is still running great and strong. Although my build took a back seat, I'm looking to hit it hard after the Christmas/New Year Holidays. Speaking of which - Hope all of you have a great Holiday and please take the time to enjoy the season with the love of your family and friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts