My bagged 07 Yukon... pics & info...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
looks good... now lets see from FBSS action

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the ride Nathan. Always top notch. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
The rear height is basically the same as before. What I fixed was moving my rear sway bar towards the passenger side like the directions say once you go so low. That was the biggest issue the first time. I still have the issue of wanting it lower, but you can really "fix" that without cutting and welding. If I cut the bump stop bracket off, I'll have to somehow weld the spring perch back on in order to bolt the bag back on. If I do that, why not do a mini notch in the rear at the same time. That's where I am at now...

At my set ride height, it's fine. Almost exactly like my static drop which was almost like OEM. I'm fine/happy with the way it rides now. Yes I still have the Belltech shocks, but I might try some OEM shocks if I can get my hands on some (cheap) to do a comparison.

No problem. That's why I started this thread and made sure I had all the different heights measured out. :Handshake:

Awesome work man thanks for all the replies looks great!

iCalvin

Reaction score
For the rear, the back is as low as I can go without cutting stuff up. The upper spring perch is part of the rear bump stop bracket and is what the bag attaches to so I can't do the free travel mod. I've looked in to this a lot and found my definitive answer (before cutting mine) from this thread here in post 5

So you haven't done the free travel mod? I cut my brackets off this past summer and haven't had any problems (not saying there won't be though) but for the most part the spring perch is still welded onto the frame so cutting off the bracket doesn't mean the perch comes off with it. I have thought about welding the remaining bumpstop bracket to the frame but so far there hash't been any "bending out/in" of the actually perch.

The metal on the right side of the bump stop is what I am referring to, i basically cut and grinder away all of the bump stop bracket visible on the outside and left the inside "hidden" part alone. Lowered 4" inch in the back that is how much space I have till frame. The red bump stop is an inch tall for reference. I used use an angle grinder and removed the gas tank for safe measure.

2013-11-17155912_zpsab879c4a.jpg

Also, love your truck its awesome and bags just complete it.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that pic. In the thread I mentioned, it looked like you had to cut it all off... I might be doing some cutting this week...

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad to see you removed that ugly usc sticker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts