My Air Ride Build Log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty bad when it comes to documenting my mods, but I am going to attempt to follow this one through. Before I start I will be changing all the front end suspension components.

To start my current suspension setup is as follows:

1. Belltech 2"/3-4" drop with spindles up front and 1" spacer in rear with 5305 coils.

2. Bilstein HD shocks up front and Bilstein 5125 shocks in rear.

3. DJM rear hardware kit and shock extenders

4. DJM front and rear away bars

5. Upgraded Energy sway bar end links

My air ride setup will be as follows:

1. Universal Aero Power Sport bags up front

2. Arnott Trailblazer bags in rear

3. Accuair E-level with rocker switch and VU4 manifold

4. Accuair I-Level

5. 28" Specialty Suspensions Seamless Spun Aluminum Tank

6. Viar 380c compressor. (Just one for now)

7. SMC Check Valve (I've read a lot that the Viair check valves fail often)

8. Spohn panhard bar

9. Free travel mod

In just waiting on the e level to be sent from Accuair and I can start getting this going. Should be here today or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Here's the first package of parts that came a few days ago. I want to keep the raw look of the tank as Lee (goodinblack) suggested, so I gave it a few coats of clear to hopefully protect the finish.
cd001823e70c62101a0eb7def043f799.jpg

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to really think about backing that up with a secondary compressor. It's good insurance in the event one quits on the road and it doubles tank fill times which with a single 380c will be less than desirable. I've used them and they are a 3 minute fill to a usable state on a 5g tank. That 28" I thought was about 5g or maybe a touch under by internal volume correct? Another thing is, when you add the second, your going to be undoing and redoing line work and electrical. At the very least go into it by bringing everything electrical you need down to the primary for adding on of the secondary comp.

Looking forward to seeing your end results.

OP
OP
S

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I just ordered one for now but had intentions to add another with a second tank at some point. This won't be a daily driver anymore but I will look into just adding the second now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879