Most Power / MPG for the $

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the title says I'm looking to get the most power and mpg out of my truck for the money.

What I had in mind.

-AIRAID Jr. or GMPP intake

-Resonator delete with Magnaflow muffler

-BB tune

Reaction score
Like the title says I'm looking to get the most power and mpg out of my truck for the money.

What I had in mind.

-AIRAID Jr. or GMPP intake

-Resonator delete with Magnaflow muffler

-BB tune

From what I was told by BB, our CAI and their tune gave some very good gains. Something to look into. Click my signature below to check out our website and give BB a call.

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. After looking at the blackbear comparison, the airaid jr kit definitely is the best bang for the $$ and I just ordered one as well. Next i'm thinking about a resonator delete with a magnaflow muffler and a tune.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good list. I would change your spark plugs and fuel filter if you haven't changed those in a while.

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airaid MIT and AFE dry filter in the stock box:)

The MIT alone has proven to make more power than stock(and the same as other complete CAIs) from the test BB did.

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airaid MIT and AFE dry filter in the stock box:)

The MIT alone has proven to make more power than stock(and the same as other complete CAIs) from the test BB did.

Why not just get the Airaid jr that gives you the tube and filter for the stock box, and they have an option for a dry filter?

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol:

yeah, unless it has 100,000 miles or so, I think he's good on both of those...

Agreed, assuming he has iridium plugs, but I would change them at 80k and check them at 50k. If not, I would change them every 20k with NGK TR55's gapped at .055". Cheap insurance. I change my fuel filter every 40k, but the NNBS might be an in-tank, don't remember. All of this is just IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo