Matt's Yukon XL 2500 (Giant Silver Unicorn) Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy's 2500 went 200k before he had to start replacing parts underneath, they're really tough and stout and well engineered.

Yeah the front end is still solid. The bigger tires and really crappy roads on my commute are sure to take their toll though. I'll be happy with anything beyond 100k. :)

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love your build bud, very clean yet tough looking purpose built vehicle. Wishing I had the $$ to do a new body build like this lol

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love your build bud, very clean yet tough looking purpose built vehicle. Wishing I had the $$ to do a new body build like this lol

Thanks man. To you and everyone else giving support, it means a lot. I've been planning and working towards this build for a long time. With 4 kids and NJ living expenses/taxes every dime put into it has been carefully thought out.... and I've volunteered to work a shit load of overtime over the past few years to make it happen.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks man. To you and everyone else giving support, it means a lot. I've been planning and working towards this build for a long time. With 4 kids and NJ living expenses/taxes every dime put into it has been carefully thought out.... and I've volunteered to work a shit load of overtime over the past few years to make it happen.

I'm sure it's in your thread somewhere, but I can't remember and am lazy at the moment. What you got going on up top?

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's in your thread somewhere, but I can't remember and am lazy at the moment. What you got going on up top?

The roof rack? Its RhinoRack Vortex SX load bars and 1up-usa Bike Rack. Also have Thule cargo box but that's on the van right now.

I try to update the first post in this thread with the mod list. I eventually plan on adding links to jump to the install posts as well (been slacking there)

Jibee

Reaction score
I really like those wheels with the silver. Different but totally works with it. Good job!!

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Such a nice looking HD! I would trim valance, Denali retrofit headlights, silver vinyl grill badge, remove molding and rear badges.

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like those wheels with the silver. Different but totally works with it. Good job!!

Thanks! Spent many nights researching and was really nervous, but decided to give it a shot and am really happy with how it turned out good.

Such a nice looking HD! I would trim valance, Denali retrofit headlights, silver vinyl grill badge, remove molding and rear badges.

Valence trim is on the task list for a day I'm bored (doesnt happen often with 4 kids, mtb racing, working 2 jobs, and house renovations underway in prep for selling).
Headlights are on the long term plan..... theres a few different directions I've contemplated.

You're such an enabler :crazy::deal:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman