Making the Yukon Faster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that I have mentioned should be right around $1200 in parts.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny he linked that thread as I was going to recommend the Vinci Trucker cam. I like how the torque comes on with this cam it feels like a big block but doesn't run out of breath up top. It did shift my power band up slightly but that why I did the 2800 stall and with the 6.0..she gets out the hole nice and I spun the tires once but didn't like the sound my posi made. I have 3.42 gears and will probably go 4.10 and a better locker.

I think the rule on stalls is to stall 500rpm above where the cam starts making power. 2 things I've heard guys reget is going too small on their cam or too big on the stall..I think I'm borderline on what I would want in a dd stall, but the cam is great dd and weekend warrior..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3.73 on mine and am wanting 4.10s but i do 75 pretty much 80% of my driving so i fear my mpg is gonna bet much worse possibly.
Thoughts?

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, you won't notice much difference going from 3.73 to 4.10's. Plus it really wouldn't be worth the money for such a nominal difference. I'd save your money for other areas of the vehicle and the swap gears down the road if you still aren't happy with the of the line performance

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive heard alot of people say just gear swap is enough to let you be able to burn rubber. What if i did like 4.20s?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i dont mean to be mean about this but what is your fascination with being able to do a burnout? My syster had a 3cyl geo metro i could smoke the tires with. Anyway going from 3.73 to 4.10 might allow you to break the tires loose but as countryboy stated its not a huge jump so you probably wont be happy with the amount of money you spent to do it. Get some more stuff done before you decide to go with gears.

02DFWTahoe

Reaction score
Yea hold off on gears. Do you have torque management disabled? Headers alone can run anywhere from $350-$1500. You will definitely need to do the tranny if you decide to go FI. Cam and headers could net you 50-75 rwhp while maintaining drivability without a big stall.

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sadly my tuner the edge evolution cts 2 doesnt have torque or rpm settings. i know if it wasnt for those 2 things i know i could break them loose. But besides breaking them loose i just want to be a little faster