Magnaflow vs Flowmaster - mufflers only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
tune is awesome, no more engine codes yet. def worth the money!

how could you NOT scoop up one of these mufflers for $55 bucks and free shipping! =)

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
.....by far the flowmasters are better then magnaflow. Magnaflows are just cheaper made.

The offset vs. center inlet is basically performance based.

Not trying to call you out but Woah bro, I have no clue what made you think this.
After all the exhaust shops I have been to, and personal experience, they have all said that Magnaflow is all around more quality than Flowmaster, that info is even online. Also Flowmaster makes just about the cheapest mufflers/exhaust tips components on the Market, compared to all the other exhaust companies.
My Magnaflor muffler cost me $125 for my Tahoe even with a coupon code, the most expensive Flowmaster muffler (for my Tahoe)I saw the other day while looking online was $82.:shocked:
Also center and offset inlet/outlet makes no difference in performance, just done to give people more option for clearance and exhaust setups.:Handshake:

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vid of my single 40 series muffler in. 3 inch pipe out.

[yt]hESP6_hxfig[/yt]

Last edited:

bravo2

Reaction score
Sweet!!! The shop just ordered a Magnaflow #13259 for me and it was not in his catolog. He had to call about it to see if they made such a muffler with the part number and of course they do. It should be at the shop tomorrow and they will put it on monday. My shop got it for tad less than narco44 paid for his. I am getting it all said and done put on out the door for $100.00. My exhaust is steel good so just changing the Y part to a single 3" straight piece and welding it in. I wonder if it will cause any codes to get thrown? The one on it from factory is huge! It don't need replacing yet but I want the nice sound even though the old one has some life left it. But man what weight it will save going to the magnaflow. I hope it sounds as good as narco44. Its going on a yukon xl 5.3L (suburban), hope it don't sound much different with longer pipes then the tahoe's. I just got a ton of overtime this past two weeks and it is the only reason I was able to get it done and the cheap price offered to me was not one to pass up. I will try to record it when done. Gas mileage get better?

Last edited:

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to throw this in the mix....my local shop suggested this brand, go figure, they carry it. But, said they like dealing with company better and said the product is on par in sound with Magnaflow.

$150 out the door installed. IMCO Brand
http://www.grabthepower.com/mufflers-front.asp

Guy also said that the pipes are really 2.75 not 3. Gonna go measure. Should I be looking for a new shop!??

BB

bravo2

Reaction score
Mine tried to tell me mine was 2.75 also. I told him it was a 3" on the muffler and all the ones i read about stated 3". It looked 3". He checked and sure enough 3". Mine is a 2000 model.

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Pretty sure only the new Tahoes/Yukon are 2.75, the 00-06 models are 3".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacblev