Magnaflow vs Flowmaster - mufflers only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
magnaflow just told me i need the #14298 which is 3x more expensive that what i can buy the 1 in and 1 out for. im thinking just get the 1 in and one out and lose the y on the back and run 3" pipe in place of it like rich said. anyone see any problems with doing that?

the rear "y" is very short and dumps right back in to a single 3" pipe. it seems to be chevy prob did that on all truck so that they could use the same muffler despite you having single or dual exhaust pipes in the back. thoughts?

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just bought a Magnaflow #13259...got an awesome deal on it. i guess ill just have the muffler shop get rid of the Y and run only 1 pipe.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
alright. i had it put on today and it sounds great. not too much, not too little...just right. the guys at the shop loved it and couldn't belive what i paid for it. im charging the digi camcorder and gonna try to post a clip of how it sounds later if i get some time.

it took them about 45 minutes to install it. they cut the oem muffler and y pipe off and then ran a new section of 3" pipe to the back. i kept the stock tip for now. the shop charged $70 bucks for labor and the new piping.

i bought it off ebay (see link below). i gave them a best offer and they countered at $55 bucks shipped. $55 for a new magnaflow muffler and free shipping aint bad folks. brand new in the box w/ full warranty and paperwork. if you dont wanna use ebay you can call them directly and order it over the phone for the same price. this shop was very friendly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magn...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

it sounds great at start up/idle and WOT. there is a SLIGHT drone but nothing that youll notice once having it on for awhile. the radio or normal conversation covers the drone up. im very happy with it.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

you guys ask, and you receive! here's two clips i just posted on youtube. the 1st is your standard camera at the tailpipe video. the next i drove it around a short distance so you could see how it sounds while driving. the very last part of the 2nd video i rolled the window down...the rest of the time the windows were up. i think the fastest i hit on this one was around 80mph.

if anyone would like anything else let me know and ill post it up.

[yt]RfPcLDfSwyM[/yt]

[yt]9XPpvcnlkIE[/yt]

Last edited:

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good dude. Glad you got hooked up. Now all you need is a Chrome tip on the end of that piece. :)

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
negatron! no chrome tip. im gonna re paint the stock tip black.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I like how that sounds. Thanks for having the window closed so we can hear the drone or lack there of. Make me wanna go buy one now lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Palehse