Magnaflow vs Flowmaster - mufflers only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is for mufflers only. I don't want a full catback system. Ive read through countless threads and wanted a basic comparison. The things that matter MOST to me are NO DRONE at cruising speeds but good idle and WOT sound. MPG and HP gains are great but I'm more concerned about your experiences as far as the sound goes. I drive interstate quite a bit and don't want to hear the drone...drives me crazy.

From what I've read the 50 series FM is a little better than the 40 when it comes to this and the larger the muffler the quieter it'll be. I'm leaning toward the Magnaflow though. If any of you have a muffler that fit the bill (i.e. no droning and good idle/wot sound) post it up and if possible list the size/model number/price.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
imho i would go with Magnaflow can't be any happier i paid about 450 installed and all here is a little clip that i made you could here it on WOT

I'm the same way also i hate DRONE at cruising speeds.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7EnMF5rBCWY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7EnMF5rBCWY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 50 series, then dumped after muffler. Sounds good at idle, not loud but wakes up when I mash the peddle.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Im getting my flowmaster 50 installed tommorow. So ill report back. I know its not a nbs

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nbs, nnbs whatever. i just want your input and your experiences. 06tahoe, what model magnaflow do you have and what size is it? you said theres no drone at cruising speeds? got anymore vids?

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Flowmaster Super40 is nice...it has the most perfect tone...nice rumble...and I loooove the burble sound like when you almost drown and joke on water...it does that when I downshift and let the RPMs slow me down...it drones at cruising speed...but thats while Im towing stuff...other than that...its not bad at all...

50 series will be a bit quieter...I have nothing bad to say about Magnaflow...and wont say either is better then the other...it just depends on the specific tone your looking for

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
nbs, nnbs whatever. i just want your input and your experiences. 06tahoe, what model magnaflow do you have and what size is it? you said theres no drone at cruising speeds? got anymore vids?

i don't have the model number i just let the muffler shop install the one i liked, here is a picture of it

sorry pictures are from cardomain
22643070030_medium.jpg

22643070032_medium.jpg

and here is a little clip you can't hear it to much due to the window being down

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JFxjasaehU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JFxjasaehU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
My flowmaster 50 is nice on the highway, even towing it doesn't drone. Loud as **** when I stand on it but the longtubes can be attributed to that.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really torn. i wish i had some magnaflow model #s to research.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the Magnaflow. The flowmaster is louder because it's a smaller exhaust. Folks like what they like, but if you don't want it too loud go with Magnaflow.

BTW I just mine installed about 2 weeks ago. No sound clip it wouldn't do any justice since they all sound the same on here lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork